Virtual Fighter 5 video

Sega shows Itagaki how to use self shadowing.

http://www.virtuafighter.com/

The guy that record the video on GAF had this to say.

Unfortunately they were really bitchy about taking videos on the screen (they had no prob with me taking pics/vids from the machines)... but I got about half of the trailer before they cut me off. Some really good shit there though. After you try to evade and fail, there's a special animation that occurs which makes you extremely vulnerable to counterattacks. Also, El Blaze can use walls as 'ropes' for his lucha libre style. It seems that movement is a lot more important in VF5 than in any other game.

They also showed stuff for VF.tv, which takes elements of Tekken.net (including the awesome Tekken Live aspects) and giving players a hell of a lot more customization. If I had to guess, I'd say that you probably have 4 times more options when customizing characters!

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
I swear to god I know you guys will hate me for saying this but from looking at this video is the Namco Tekken video from E3 now closely possible? I starting to think so.

Don't you start.... :devilish:

czekon said:
i feel the same ;) if Gf6800 with P4 is able to do that why not :D

DOA4 looks like ass in compare to VF5 :devilish:

is it 6800Ultra or 7800GTX? I thought it was the latter. That would make the platforms a lot closer in the graphics department. And I doubt Virtua Fighter is so CPU intensive that P4 can't handle it :)

edit: Unless I'm viewing the wrong trailer (using IGN one, can't access OP's link) I would have to say this falls somewhere between DOA4 and Tekken6 Tech Demonstration graphically. The models are not as high poly to my eyes as DOA4's, but the lighting/shadowing portion of the game blows Itagaki's effort away. Also we have not seen too much of the environments.

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:
I swear to god I know you guys will hate me for saying this but from looking at this video is the Namco Tekken video from E3 now closely possible? I starting to think so.

VF5
http://media.ign.com/games/image/article/663/663678/new-vf5-screens-20051101110457558.jpg

Tekken 6
http://www.rowanmulder.nl/images/2005/t6jinembu6.jpg

Hey, just thought you should know the VF5 screen you posted is not real-time. That is a pre-render. These are the real-time shots:

sega10.jpg

sega09.jpg

sega08.jpg

sega11.jpg

It isn't possible. That face has a texture map with a resolution of about 4096*4096 pixels for color, bump and specular. That's four times the texture data of an entire GOW locust monster. Then there's the AA, shader quality, hair... wake up, guys, it just won't get that far with this generation.

Laa-Yosh said:
It isn't possible. That face has a texture map with a resolution of about 4096*4096 pixels for color, bump and specular. That's four times the texture data of an entire GOW locust monster. Then there's the AA, shader quality, hair... wake up, guys, it just won't get that far with this generation.

Even then, is that level of detail even needed? Being that close (so you can see the pores from which he sweats) wouldn't be practical in a fighting game. Once you hit that point, it would be best putting your efforts into other aspects of the game. Also Jin needs some Priore face wash.

Laa-Yosh said:

Well I don't mean 100% alike technically. I'm talking about close enough to where the everyday person can think that they look close to the same. Of course LOD will play a huge factor. You wouldn't need to notice that much detail until the end of each round when the character does their celebration dance.

Laa=yosh, how can you tell the resolution of the map on Jin? Not doubting you, I just have no clue how you can tell. Is it experience or is there some sort of tell?

Back