Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

Are you Greek? Or is it spoiler free because most cant understand Greek

I speak/read greek, english and german, it's in Greek and the guy did an excellent job not spoiling anything in the game. That's what i meant by in-depth review that is locked behind the language barrier. In summary he thinks that Uncharted 1-3 were good games but he didn't think much of ND till TLOU, and in his opinion U4 is just as good and has a meaty story and it's the first time he cared about Nathan as a person, he says they did an excellent job with handling Nate and the story around him. He scored the game a 10/10 in his review. Keep in mind he is a massive Souls fan (imported Demons Souls before it came to Europe and pretty much played every Souls to completion) and plays primarily on PC but can also appreciate what consoles offer.

Edit: In-depth review in english from another youtuber

Last edited:
I read everything but chinese!
Unfortunately Greek looks like chinese to me ;)

Yeah it's not an easy language, has more words for expressions and other things instead of taking the meaning of a word mostly from context (like how multiple words can mean a number of things in English depending on context, easier to misunderstand someone :p). I just posted the review because his expression when he started talking about the technical aspect is pretty much understood in any language :D

The UC4 visual looks very good but as good as everything look it will probably not be my holy shit moment of the generation.

I find KZ SF, Infamous Second Son and Ryse looking very good. But my holy shit moment was The Order 1886... It did it in a limited scope (draw distance is much better in UC4, more NPC and so on...), without many interactivity in the scenery and UC4 does other things better (facial animation, skin shading, blending animation) but I was impressed by the game. Maybe UC4 and UE4 find the best compromise for AA...

Other games are impressive like Ratchet and Clank, Star Wars Battlefront and Quantum Break...

Artistically Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are among the best but no so impressive technically because imo the two biggest technical advancements of this generation are PBS with good materials and good lightning and they aren't among the best. For MGSV it is good too but some part of it are cross gen(geometry for example)...

UC4 is not the checkbox games* but it will be from the video I have seen probably the next impressive games on my list... Gears of War 4 will be there too...

* more Dreams for innovation(splats, Voxel for GI, froxel for AO and so on...)...

Last edited:
48226536.jpg

Not sure if PR stunt or w/e, but classy move. Sony should start doing this as well.
uncharted_4_phil_spencer.jpg

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/728518245880225792

I remember him doing the same for Bloodborne. Not everyone needs to be corporate manchildren like Apple and Samsung (even though i haven't followed their latest "fights" things might have changed).

You really have to wonder what on earth can Neo do with a game like this, to justify the purchase of a new platform. Especially if it still runs at 1080p - as I would expect. I have my doubts it could run it at 60fps but I guess we'll have to see.

After when I see UC4 video I am annoyed by PS4 Neo because out of VR I am not sure we need it... I think we attain the first generation where we will not say next generation than the best looking games looks like complete shit...

I don't feel sorry for a "nerdy" guy that cares about not having the (easily predictable) story of the game that is a few days from coming out and yet clicks a fucking spoiler tag. That guy is a walking contradiction, his harms are self inflicted.
Might sound harsh, but its sane.

Not sure if PR stunt or w/e, but classy move. Sony should start doing this as well.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/728518245880225792

I remember him doing the same for Bloodborne. Not everyone needs to be corporate manchildren like Apple and Samsung (even though i haven't followed their latest "fights" things might have changed).
I've seen Yosp twittering often about competitor's products in a positive manner. Last I remember when he was trying Oculus or was it Vive, and being very impressed by it. Ok, they might not be as direct competitors as MS... and I don't think I've seen him tweeting about MS games or hardware.
On the other hand, has there been that much tweetworthy at camp MS :/

Can't wait until next tuesday when my UC4: Special Edition arrives. Been keeping myself spoiler free and only watched the trailers and that one video where they showed the open world aspect and roaming with the Jeep.
Kind of sad though to know that'll be the Last of Uncharted but excited on the other hand to see what new ip Naughty Dog will come up next. And of course if there will be a next gen TLoU.

I think it's okay to end Uncharted, especially when the game is potentially the best in a series. We've seen far too many gaming series drag for too long, and that's boring and predictable.

Reviewers have no sense of reviewing honestly. They start the review with detailing out the story, when what people want is to not know the story, but to know if the game is good or not.

Eurogamer (UK), Videogamer.com and IGN are generally good about this stuff, i.e. spoiler-free reviews.

What are the core gameplay differences between UC4 and the previous iterations? There's some mention of less shooting. I kinda liked the shooting in UC1-3 and found the non-shooting bits rather boring.

What are the core gameplay differences between UC4 and the previous iterations? There's some mention of less shooting. I kinda liked the shooting in UC1-3 and found the non-shooting bits rather boring.

Played 30 hours of the beta
  • Shooting has more weight and better response
  • Hit detection is much much better than previous games
  • Enemy AI is improved, as is ally AI
  • Vertically enhanced by the use of the rope/piton
  • Animation overhauled, game just feels different to play than previous entries
  • Stealth added, enemies can lose track of you (ala TLOU)
  • From what I've read enemy encounter design is more similar to MGSV than the typical waves of enemies in Uncharted games
Overall a significant improvement over previous Uncharted games, I'd say it's more similar to TLOU although with less weight.

Played 30 hours of the beta
  • Shooting has more weight and better response
  • Hit detection is much much better than previous games
  • Enemy AI is improved, as is ally AI
  • Vertically enhanced by the use of the rope/piton
  • Animation overhauled, game just feels different to play than previous entries
  • Stealth added, enemies can lose track of you (ala TLOU)
  • From what I've read enemy encounter design is more similar to MGSV than the typical waves of enemies in Uncharted games
Overall a significant improvement over previous Uncharted games, I'd say it's more similar to TLOU although with less weight.

From what I read: less repetitive shooting (except towards the end), more TLOU stuff, notably: better exploration on a more open world + much better stealth (some people stealth-killed 1/7 of their enemies, like strangled or back-stabbed 100 enemies LOL) + darker tone + better integration of our virtual friends during gameplay to improve narration like in TLOU. Even Joel's horse has being replaced by the jeep in UC4...

Okay, so it's still core killing folk, just improved? That sounds good. I'd hate for there to be more environment traversal and 'puzzle solving' myself. Just enough between fights to keep it Unchartedy.

Okay, so it's still core killing folk, just improved? That sounds good. I'd hate for there to be more environment traversal and 'puzzle solving' myself. Just enough between fights to keep it Unchartedy.
Yea, in fact I am worried about that "less shooting" being put in the +ves by one reviewer. I don't want less shooting, I want more ! Like in UC2 ! I want tons of shooting and puzzles.

I think the game shifts towards exploration a bit with those big environments, don't expect as much shooting (that's a positive for me). Although it still has loads, apparently one player finished the game on hard with 700 kills so there's quite a few enemies to kill.

Really love the shift towards exploration, different routes and less shooting, this is basically what I asked for after previous Uncharted games. The sheer beauty of the environment design should not be just walked by in less than a few minutes or covered in a linear chase sequence.

Back