Uncharted 3

the next game in the series, entitled Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, hits stores late next year. EW recently visited the Santa Monica, California offices of Uncharted’s developer, Naughty Dog, for a sneak peek at the sequel, and we returned wishing “late next year” was right damn now.

The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter. (Said legendary lost city has been known by various names, including “Iram of the Pillars” and the “Atlantis of the Sands”).

The execs at Naughty Dog walked us through one of the game’s levels, and while we can’t tell you anything about the locale (it actually wasn’t the desert), we can tell you that it was quintessential Uncharted, marked by dynamic camera work and gameplay that requires you to jump and climb through treacherous spaces that are in an almost constant state of change — or in this case, catastrophic collapse. Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once. Finally, Wells stressed that much time and effort is being lavished upon expanding Uncharted’s online multiplayer and co-op capabilities, too; expect more details to come in the coming months

Concept Arts:

uncharted3desert510.jpg

uncharted3villageart510.jpg

uncharted3gameart290.jpg

Already ?!?!?!? Drake is Freakin BACK !!!!! Bring Elena along and I'll be damned happy (especially since I finished U2 only last month :D !) and go on another search for a lost city!
But still, announced Already ?!

@nightshade: Where's that image from? What is it? The knife?
Edit: Oh ! ITs from the teaser

Last edited by a moderator:
ND did an awesome job with the snowing effects in Uncharted 2.
Can't wait to see what they can do with " sand " element. Dynamic sand terrain and physics, sandstorm. I just can't wait to see a vehicule-chasing sequence on sand dunes.

ND did an awesome job with the snowing effects in Uncharted 2.
Can't wait to see what they can do with " sand " element. Dynamic sand terrain and physics, sandstorm. I just can't wait to see a vehicule-chasing sequence on sand dunes.

Sand is just like snow, only yellow (& smaller) :|

not really, sand get's blown across the floor, footprints are less 'print' like, sand would overflow a ledge like water (etc)

does anyone know if this is the game that was to be announced on 12th?

Hope the do something like Spec ops the line that was that E3 game with sand in dubai right?

Would not be surprised if U3 get a VGA reveal and that other reveal on sunday is star hawk.

I wonder if this will be a prequel. What with Sully calling himself too old for this stuff in Uncharted 2. And it would get Elena out of the picture. (I like her, but do we really need that same love story a third time?) And maybe bring back Eddy from Uncharted 1.

I like the idea for the desert location. I going to be interesting to see what they can do with it.

not really, sand get's blown across the floor, footprints are less 'print' like, sand would overflow a ledge like water (etc)

KZ2 has competition now. ^_^
I'd love to see sand storm like in The Mummy.

Fresh snow gets blown across and twirl around the road too. But they tend to freeze over time due to temperature fluctuation. Snow also falls from the sky.

Too bad Uncharted 3's sand will be limited by Earth's physics. In the scifi world, some deserts move like ocean ! :p

What is enhanced backward climbing? Anyway sounds awesome and I'm also wondering if it's going to be a prequel.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=279866

A dissection of the trailer ! Informative.

Personally, I would have liked if they revealed it E3 next year. One year is too long to wait for something. Makes the game old by the time it hits. Same for R3. Both should have been revealed at E3. But thats just me ;), Sony, obviously, has some other plans. What do they have in store for E3, if the two franchisees that matter are out already ?

Back