Two wires short of paradise!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
An f-ing green one and an f-ing yellow one...

My AC isn't working and it's 95+ in my house. Found the problem, the pups chewed up the motor control wiring from the house to the outside AC unit.

Red/white wires were no problem as there were some red/white wires dangling at both ends, but there are a green/yellow wire that I have no freaking clue where to attach to my outside AC unit.

I followed all the wires back and the green and yellow are most definately used. The green is a ground and the yellow is something else, hooks up to the same terminal on my furnace's mobo as a red power lead from the blower does.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related/Goodman_Condensing_Unit_Install_Instructions.pdf

The above is the wiring diagram that is hurting my brain, the single-phase one...anyone see anywhere to stick that yellow wire there?!?!? :???:

digitalwanderer said:
An f-ing green one and an f-ing yellow one...

My AC isn't working and it's 95+ in my house.
So that's ~35 in real units. Is that without or without humidity because I wouldn't mind some of that temperature here.

There appears to be a yellow wire going to the compressor but if that was the one the dogs chewed through then, given a dog's ultra-sensitivity to electricity, I'd be suprised that you still had them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, big pups... ;)

EDITED BITS: Got a thread going at EB about this too, I'm picking everyone's brains I can. I'll be posting up picts later, I'll post here again then. :)

What's the problem? The yellow wire goes from compressor port "S" to the control box "HERM" and from there to the start assist.

If you aren't sure of what you are doing then I highly recommend hiring a professional, that is unless you are comfortable with the idea of your house burining down and insurance not covering it.

No idea what they use it for, maybe "hermetic" or something?

EDIT: it's just a capacitor, so the namings are just someone's invention to make it easier for the service people, since "+" and "-" are so incomprehensible... :rolleyes: So it's just one of the terminals of the cap, the "+" for the compressor as it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
One quick, dumb question...does 12 gauge stranded work for control wiring or is it too fatty?

I'm gonna try regular control wiring, just found some...

GOT IT!!! :D

The wiring was fine, it blew a fuse I couldn't see on the mobo because all the connections were in the way. Found the fuse today, replaced, all better. :cool:

Back