Trick or Treat

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
Or, when you sent your wife out with your 16-month-old dressed up as a bunny rabbit to get daddy lots of candy! Milky Ways preferred. :p

Yes, guilty as charged. But I did man the fort, passing out candy to the neighborhood kids, something I really enjoy doing. I saw pirates, prom queens, Spider-man and the Hulk, skeletons, thugs, a pregnant welfare recipient (her words, not mine), etc. Best outfit was something very simple, a girl with a clear plastic bag around her torso filled with colored balloons. When I asked her what she was she answered a jag of jelly beans.

Back when I lived in the city, it was on a very dark street so we wouldn't get trick or treaters. We'd get a few teen aged ones who you'd think would be too old for it. One year, a couple girls came to the door... my cousin told me he would've invited them in if they were any older.

On the plus side, our candy supply lasted for weeks if not months.

RussSchultz said:
Did you tell her to get a job?

I was in too much shock. She had a brown bag with some bottle in it and a unlit cigarette in one hand and her candy bag in the other. The girl might've been 12-13 in age. She came walking up saying, "Oh my back is killing me. My illegitimate love child is due any day now!"

F'in kids these days. :oops:

digitalwanderer said:
Uhm, Halloween and trick or treating isn't until tomorrow. :?

Haloween was last night here. the county officials voted to change it because you can't have devil day on sunday- it'd confuse the poor kids.

edit: btw when i say "here" i mean Ardmore, Oklahoma. I'm back at my parents / old home for the weekend.

Sage said:
Haloween was last night here. the county officials voted to change it because you can't have devil day on sunday- it'd confuse the poor kids.
:rolleyes: (<- At the officials, not you.)

I'm just hoping my headcold/sinus infection dies down before all the excitement is set to start tonight. :(

digitalwanderer said:

Huh? Hallowe'en is tonight over here (always the 31st). I've already had to hose down a couple of squads of small children with cold water. I think they thought that "trick or treat" worked the other way round :)

nutball said:
digitalwanderer said:

Huh? Hallowe'en is tonight over here (always the 31st). I've already had to hose down a couple of squads of small children with cold water. I think they thought that "trick or treat" worked the other way round :)

ROFL!

Whatdya think?

Is Halloween on Sunday going to be a bust for trick-or-treater turnout?

The wife and I have a lot of candy, and only 1 trick or treater so far. (Its 6:33 here, and dark already).

Of course, the impending rain doesn't help either.

RussSchultz said:
Whatdya think?

Is Halloween on Sunday going to be a bust for trick-or-treater turnout?

The wife and I have a lot of candy, and only 1 trick or treater so far. (Its 6:33 here, and dark already).

Of course, the impending rain doesn't help either.

If you have any leftover Milky Ways, send 'em to me! :p

digitalwanderer said:
Oh man, I got more tricker treaters this year than any previous ones....and there is still 7 minutes to go! :?

Good, you don't need all that extra candy lying around the house, chunky thighs. 8)

Although I deeply respect the traditions of other peoples and cultures, one thing I'd like to wipe out is this darn Halloween stuff that's catched on lately down here in Italy too...stick to your traditions, don't export 'em!

Crisidelm said:
Although I deeply respect the traditions of other peoples and cultures, one thing I'd like to wipe out is this darn Halloween stuff that's catched on lately down here in Italy too...stick to your traditions, don't export 'em!

now whats wrong with haloween? it gives you an excuse to dress up in any kind of crazy costume you want

Sage said:
now whats wrong with haloween? it gives you an excuse to dress up in any kind of crazy costume you want
I used to feel the same way, before I became a parent. :rolleyes:

Holidays are an entirely different prospect when you have kids. Better and worse by a huuuuuge factor.

Dang it, kids make life much more intense.

Back