Toshiba hd-a2

correct.

If you're looking to get, or want the capabilities for, 1080p, don't get the A2....it tops out at 1080 interlaced. This is probably an irrelevant mention as most reviewers comparing the two noticed barely perceptible differences; if any at all.

Other notables, the A2 has HDMI spec v1.2 and shares the same false contouring downfall as the A1.
False Contouring
An artifact common to fixed-pixel displays that produces splotchy, distinct sections in what should be gradual gradations of color or shadows. Also referred to as solarization and posterization

On the plus side, the remote has been redesigned (compared to the A1) and is more logically laid out and less retro bulky "clicker" feeling.

The price, even accounting for "maybe" selling off, or 'assigning value' to the 5 "free" movies still wouldn't be enough to convince me to make the purchase. Not for an early entrant in the version history anyway. Now when the price of the XA2 price drops to <$500, I'll be all over it.
Til then, I'll muddle along with my barebones XB360 add-on. Personally, price will be the deciding factor of what side of the HD fence my money lands on.

Greg

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=831734&highlight=toshiba

Back