Threshold

demonic

Regular
Just seen the pilot for this and now getting the other episodes.

Its on CBS, I think. Well im from the UK so I have to download em to watch em :oops:.

Thought it was a good episode, the characters all have their strengths and weaknesses and thought it was created by Bragga and Bergman (those who took Startrek and ran it into the ground). Dont be put off by it.

Seeing just the first show, the lead girl is hot. She has a great ass in a pair of jeans.. :LOL:

Anyhow the idea of an alien race sending out a prob or communicae and it terra forms the population into their own species, instead of sending out an army to conquer earth. Its quite cool.

Feel free to put spoilers up tho. I will be watching the later episodes tonite :)

Seriously, this and smallville will keep me ticking until BSG and SG1, SGA turn back on :)

So if it's from Braga and Berman, does that mean to defeat the aliens all we have to do is recalibrate the phase modulation on the main deflector, which will cause their hyperspace transcoder to enter a resonance cascade and send them back to their home dimension?

(Yeah, that's pretty much why Star Trek failed. Too little plot, way too little plot that wasn't resolved by random technology. Got to give Firefly props for not dicking with that. :D)

Seriously, though, isn't there another show on ABC or NBC that debuted at the same time and seems to have exactly the same plot? Surface? What's the deal, here? Is this the "Hey, Lost was cool and seemed to have weird alien-like elements, so let's rip it off" season? (I never watched Lost, but that was the impression I got from some comments a friend made.)

The Baron said:
Is this the "Hey, Lost was cool and seemed to have weird alien-like elements, so let's rip it off" season? (I never watched Lost, but that was the impression I got from some comments a friend made.)
If Lost was that simple I'd lose interest. It's still up in the air as to if it's aliens, God, ghosts, evil monkey spirits, lottery numbers, or some people marooned back in the 50s.

It's the total lack of understanding that pulls ya in, sort of like Riverworld. ;)

The Baron said:
So if it's from Braga and Berman, does that mean to defeat the aliens all we have to do is recalibrate the phase modulation on the main deflector, which will cause their hyperspace transcoder to enter a resonance cascade and send them back to their home dimension?
Now why did you have to go and ruin it for me?

(Yeah, that's pretty much why Star Trek failed. Too little plot, way too little plot that wasn't resolved by random technology. Got to give Firefly props for not dicking with that. :D)
There was an interesting quote from the producers of the latest series of Dr Who on their "confidential" program, where, IIRC, they were saying they were trying not to rely on technology to find solution.

It was also interesting that (at least) 2 epsiodes were by the writer of "Coupling".

Threshold lost me (as a viewer) when the military guy threatened the midget. I just couldn't take the show seriously after that.

Back