This is just to cool..

No comparison

oldc64.jpg

Damn, I'd like to have one of those. Perfect when switching between English and Swedish keyboard layouts.

Cool? No, this is killer!

Now the next step is the flying cars and the jet packs for everyone.

If this stuff retails for less than $99, I'll buy it imediatly. If it goes for $199 I'll think about it. If it's more, well, then I'll wait.

Humus said:
Damn, I'd like to have one of those. Perfect when switching between English and Swedish keyboard layouts.
Except that you can't get the Swedish layout on that keyboard since the physical layout is wrong. But you could of course get a semi-Swedish keyboard.

I saw something about such a keyboard several years ago, but then it disappeared. Probably because digi was right about the price.

If it comes with a superb feeling, and fully diode coupled key matrix, I could pay maybe $200 for it (just for the geek value :D). But I doubt it would be that cheap.

I've never liked or found much use for the "quick access keys" found in most keyboards today, so I find this kind of application configurable keyboard a bit useless for me.
I find it much easier to use the functions in apps from the menus on screen, with my mouse, than having to switch my view from screen to keyboard to use some function.

But for illuminated keys I'd find much use. like the Saitek Eclipse keyboard. Just that I don't think it's yet available in scandinavian.

I think its usefull simply because I don't need to remember key combinations...i'll just have the applications Icon right there..starring me in the face.

Is the Optimus keyboard really smart though? So when you press CTRL or SHIFT it would change the symbol on the corresponding keys that are effected? Eg. you press CTRL and the 'C' changes to a 'copy' symbol?

Back