This has gotta be a joke...

I wonder whether someone will be able to finish reading that README.txt within his/her lifetime....It could very well become a family tradition that each member of the family must continue reading the README from the point his/her predecessor left off and pass on the info to the next generation who will continue reading the readme :D

This game has had every theory thown on it. "Broussard's waiting for nextgen storage technologies"; "US Government Project"; "It will only release when we are ready to face the aliens"; and so much more.
LOL, that was a really good read thank you ;)
Don't believe whatever they say about what Broussard's waiting for... I think he's waiting for the promised reversal of the Big Bang in a billion years or so, but shhh... only we and him are privy to this info ;)

Shacknews:
In a classic example of bizarre internet recursiveness, it appears that a small picture accompanying a 3D Realms job posting is indeed an in-game image from the fabled and long in development Duke Nukem Forever. In a post yesterday in our comment section, 3D Realms' George Broussard responded to Shackers' speculations regarding the origin of the image with the single phrase, "In game shot."

image-o-matic.x

Soon after, 1UP picked up the story, linking to George's comment and rehosting the picture but not noting the context of the job listing from industry site Gamasutra. Meanwhile, of course, the incident broke out over at the 3D Realms official forums, spawning what is at time of writing a 17-page thread. The scene only became more frenzied when Broussard posted to clarify the whole thing and affirm the shot's authenticity, as well as imply that there might be more media coming in the relatively near future:
I guess I'll reconfirm what I said last night. That's an in game, real-time shot of Duke standing in a random hallway. It was really done as a small teaser for a job ad on Gamasutra.com. Nothing more.
I'm glad some of you enjoyed it, and we'll show more later as we start to wake from our slumber and decide how best to show the game off.

Back