This has gotta be a joke...

The scary part is, I'm reading through this thread trying to figure out whether I'm suffering from deja vu, or whether this exact same conversation really did happen about a year ago. :p

You know, I was just 4 years old when this game was first announced....:oops:

Oh well, those who preordered this game will be eventually lucky because their coupons will become collector's items worth millions, as the order coupon for the game that aspired the dreams of a generation....

Dogs Nuked Forever!

This came could have been awesome btw. Seeing one of the youtube videos posted in there made me excited, It seems to have HUGE content

I lost interest when I heard you're not going to have the same jeep like run speed as you did in duke3d and pretty much every doom clone back in those days. Even if it's a good game I think a lot of people won't buy just out of spite for having to wait so long and because many of the people who were into gaming back in '96 have long since moved on.

(Landing on the moon, from Kennedy issuing the challenge, took less time than the development of duke nukem forever.

Sony have launched the PS2 and PS3 since the announcement of DN:F. Britney spears entire career was under the development time of the game.

The opportunity and spirit mars rovers were proposed and planned after DN:F had gone into development and have been exploring the martian surface for 3 years, exceeding the expected 90 day life span by a factor of 12.

Directx 3 was the latest version when DN:F went into development.

When DN:F went into production Microsoft had not released windows 98. The development of windows XP (and very soon windows Vista) will have fit into the development of DN:F.

DN:F went into production the same year AGP 1X was introduced.

The pentium 2 was introduced shortly after DN:F went into development.

Voodoo 2 was introduced the year after DN:F went into development. With 8 or 12 MB of blazing fast ~90 MHz EDO ram.

When DN:F went into development the fastest consumer connection speed was 33.6 kpbs.)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I take it this game won't run on my Nvidia TNT card? bummer :LOL:

Broussard specifically once stated that the game will have slowdowns even on 6800s (possibly in SLI mode as well?). He said something to the extent of high end PCs not being able to run the game at highest resolution, and at that time (2005), the highest end PC was GeForce 6800s in SLI...I can't find the article anymore though.

Edit: I'm sorry, the statement was made in March 2004 and the best PC at the time were Athlon 64's with Radeon 9800XT cards. But he said that these PCs won't be able to use 1600x1200 and have playable FPS. They will have to reduce graphics detail. I also found the article....

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54963

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we, poor G80 SLI owners will have to turn down all graphical options to "very low" and then, after changing the resolution to 320x240, it might chug along at 10-15fps ;)

In fact, the game is so large that it is doubtful whether it will fit into 3 Blu-Ray discs
LOL! Actually, I think the game will be so large that 3 Blue-Ray disks would be required to harbor the readme.txt alone seeing as it will offer a googelplex of recommendations on how to optimise performance for the the generation when it comes out (2100 probably) to the future generations (2100-end of the universe) :D

LOL! Actually, I think the game will be so large that 3 Blue-Ray disks would be required to harbor the readme.txt alone seeing as it will offer a googelplex of recommendations on how to optimise performance for the the generation when it comes out (2100 probably) to the future generations (2100-end of the universe) :D

I wonder whether someone will be able to finish reading that README.txt within his/her lifetime....It could very well become a family tradition that each member of the family must continue reading the README from the point his/her predecessor left off and pass on the info to the next generation who will continue reading the readme :D

This game has had every theory thown on it. "Broussard's waiting for nextgen storage technologies"; "US Government Project"; "It will only release when we are ready to face the aliens"; and so much more.

Back