The Silent Hill series (actual news)

I feel the same way. I am not saying the game will be lame. We don't know anything yet. But I mean, Silent Hill is situated in the United States. This seems like a potential RE8 rip off. :(

To be honest I feel that we got way too much at the same time. One game and one non-game interactive medium would have been enough for starters.
But getting 4 projects at the same time is too much too soon. Without building a proper hype and interest with one or two projects, they give too many.
They aren't building anticipation for the next Silent Hill properly. They are oversaturating

I really don't care much for these "interactive" games, or choice mechanic based games like Until Dawn. That's not my thing. Sorry.

So that rules out at least two of these games, even if I am slightly curious about them. In fact, I looked up the developers to see what else they've produced beforehand, and meh. Low and behold, I cannot feel myself being excited.

Even the Japanese game. It's being created by the team behind that lame looking RE battle royale thing, that was delayed for well over a year. It's coming out this Friday. But man, does that just look like a bucket of someone's months old pish?

Everybody's just remaking old games and movies nowadays. Why can't people be more original?

I really don't care much for these "interactive" games, or choice mechanic based games like Until Dawn. That's not my thing. Sorry.

Is Silent Hill like Until Dawn? I'm generally not a fan of narrative adventures either, but really liked Until Dawn - and will probably check The Quarry a well.

I always thought Silent Hill was more mechanically like Resident Evil but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everybody's just remaking old games and movies nowadays. Why can't people be more original?

Risk I would imagine. I can see how publishers would like the reassurance of making games of proven genres that appeal and sell well to cover costs. Games that are just unlike anything generally seem to exist in the indie sphere, except for the odd title like Death Stranding.

Is Silent Hill like Until Dawn? I'm generally not a fan of narrative adventures either, but really liked Until Dawn - and will probably check The Quarry a well.

I always thought Silent Hill was more mechanically like Resident Evil but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Normal Silent Hill games are akin to Resident Evil. But relying heavier on atmosphere and puzzles.
These new Silent Hill mediums I d say are efforts to break the fourth wall and expand how you experience it's universe.
I get the impression that PT probably contributed to this.

No. The games were about exploring creepy environments in third person mode, or with fixed camera angles. A few games included first person. You had to fight monsters, avoid them, and find important items.

A few of these newer games look as if you just answer to cutscenes, to determine the storyline. So they aren't even traditional games.

Back