The Silent Hill series (actual news)

I was coming here to post this.

Finaly something factual approaching!

Hell foo ken... YEAH! :D

Who is happy?

Can you tell who is happy?

Flashlight (and true survival horror fans on Beyond3D) are happy. ;)

Alleged leaked details on a Silent Hill 2 Remake?

Bloober Team is the developer and 12-month console exclusive due to Sony's continued partial foreclosure tactics.

• It will be developed by Bloober Team, famous of The Medium, and the Layers of Fear series.
  • The game will offer an over-the-shoulder camera view.
  • We see the return Masahiro Ito, and Akira Yamaoka.
  • The game will be a 12-month long PlayStation 5 Exclusive and also on PC. There is no release date, but the game will be available for wishlisting on the PlayStation Store after the reveal.
  • The graphics have been described as ‘amazing’ and something that is truly next-gen.

bdd8d6c20d55c253272b1483de21f85c_w200.gif

I have like 541 windows open, discussing this all over the web. Ha-ha. :p

I am particularly active on NeoGAF, as The Non Romero Zombie.

Holy crap!

Santa was good to us this year. We must have been well behaved to deserve this treat.

Three new games, a movie, an interactive show, and some merchandise. My goodness. :p

But James Sunderland looks somewhat funny.

Steam page and PC requirement

The game use Unreal Engine 5 Lumen and Nanite told in PSblog post

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device.
    • Additional Notes: Playing on minimum requirements should enable to play on Low/Medium quality settings in FullHD (1080p) in stable 30 FPS.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 2080RTX or AMD Radeon™ 6800XT
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device.
    • Additional Notes: Playing on recommended requirements should enable to play on Medium quality settings in 60 FPS or High quality settings in 30 FPS, in FullHD (or 4k using DLSS or similar technology).

I hope this pushes the envelope just as Silent Hill 2 did in so many ways.
Also I hope they rely more on sound and silence and less on over acting. The beautiful thing about the first two games was the eerie storytelling mostly through silence and the environment.
The town is supposed to speak to you and less about the characters throwing everything at your face

Three new games, a movie, an interactive show, and some merchandise.

This franchise is nothing but nostalgia and hype because it may possibly be exclusive. If history is any indication, these new titles won't sell much at all. All prior Silent Hill titles combined are under 10 Million.

This franchise is nothing but nostalgia and hype because it may possibly be exclusive. If history is any indication, these new titles won't sell much at all. All prior Silent Hill titles combined are under 10 Million.
I love this franchise.

While I am concerned about the developers handling these games, I like what I saw today. :)

Back