The Outer Worlds (Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division) [XO, PS4]

I generally only like isometric RPGs usually. TPS next. I have seldom if ever completed a FPS RPG. Not many games come to mind so this will be a new one.
I'm not sure if bioshock or system shock count. But I haven't completed Deus Ex etc. I just for some reason get really bored with RPG FPS games.
I'll post some thoughts over the weekend since the game comes out tomorrow

I generally only like isometric RPGs usually. TPS next. I have seldom if ever completed a FPS RPG. Not many games come to mind so this will be a new one.

At the risk of sounding like a thirteen year old girl, OMG!! :runaway:

This game.
fuck 10/10. You gotta play it @DSoup, it's Spacer's Choice.
The writing is brilliant. Very seldom to a play a game so early and decide I'm already interested in another play through. I haven't felt this way about a single player game in a while. Putting it all into charm, intimidate etc.

The environments are designed for a slew of diifferent play types, sneak, melee, ranged etc. Players will get the chance to enjoy to play the game the way they want to.

This is very much a game, game. Love it. Graphics are not discussion worthy, but the game itself combined with the dialog is perfect. It's also got a bit of jank lol.

LOL

I think that tutorial was like that on purpose haha. I was like, wait, if I pull RT this dude is toast. I had to think about it for a bit.
Yeah, was kinda wondering about it. Turns out it was a good thing to mind my own business. *cough*

Last edited:
This game.
fuck 10/10. You gotta play it @DSoup, it's Spacer's Choice.

It does look damn good. I watched an hour-long spoiler free play through and the character creation, stats and skills look great. But it does have a feature I get very irritated with: degradable weapons. If it's toned down from how it was in New Vegas, I may be able to get past it. But degradable weapons coupled with inventory weight and encumbrance are potentially a very shitty combination of mechanics for me. I know some folks like this but I don't want to be artificially planning my gun usage, carrying spare guns and maybe ammo and spare parts. This gets in the way of fun for me.

I really liked what I saw regarding stealth play, knowing how loud weapons are and how far noise carries is great.

Chomatic Aberration should have a toggle.

Normal and EXTREME? :nope:

It does on PC. Unfortunately it's grouped with a bunch of other effects in one slider. I don't mind it as much as some other effects so I haven't bothered to look if there's a .ini hack for it.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully that means they gonna disable it for the switch port (aaaagh next year? Ugh)

The game looks really good but I'm going to wait until they give options for a larger font and fix the weird issue impacting those who play with a controller, whereby when you open a door or begin talking to somebody, the game doesn't realise you want to do that action instead of pulling your gun out.

I think both of these would drive me a bit nuts. I'm so glad to see that the equipment degradation isn't insane!

lol the game can be Janky. but that's sort of funny at the same time. degradation isn't that bad. and for the most part, you'll move onto newer weapons before caring to go back.

I've found so far (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the repair system is greatly restricted by the repair parts. Irrespective of whether you're at 95% or 60%, it's a set amount of parts to repair it but the credits scales on the % to repair? I seem to always have a small amount of repair parts.

Does the degradation of weapons affect their damage or other components of combat? Or is it 100% effective until it's actually broken?

lol the game can be Janky.

It is? It did't see much wrong in the spoiler-free playthroughs but I'll wait until they fix it. I'd rather wait until I can spend some quality time with it anyway, I don't have much free time at the moment.

It is? It did't see much wrong in the spoiler-free playthroughs but I'll wait until they fix it. I'd rather wait until I can spend some quality time with it anyway, I don't have much free time at the moment.
It’s nothing major. Some floating items here and there.

I like the fast travel implementation.

I think if I were to add to the quest tracking, it'd be the ability to toggle multiple quests to show up on the map just so I can plan out the walking unless I've missed that feature.
------
@digitalwanderer since you've finished it, is there a New Game+ ?

If you like the Borderlands series will you like this? Is there any online co-op?

Tommy McClain

Back