The Order: 1886

bjdflm.jpg

ajaqfw.jpg

I really like this game so far. Gunplay is pretty good, too. Gameplay wise sometimes a bit 'small' but the production quality is wonderful. I think the unexpected QTE bits you probably are the worst part in getting you out of it by dying. But really like the game!

I finished it.

The Good:
  • Graphic - best in the industry for any platform. Like playing a CG trailer.
  • Voice acting - Loved the dialog and characters.
  • Music - one for the best OST for a game, love it.
  • Setting and story - I liked both. I red complaints of about the story, but I don't see it. It was interesting and ending is setting it up for a sequel.
  • Weapons - the felt and sounded real and had some Insomniac-esque originality to them.
  • Photo mode - really fun to use and takes great shots.
The Bad:
  • The length - seems about half as long as a typical Uncharted.
  • The constrained gameplay - It was linear and mostly rooms or small areas of waves of enemies. No freedom to move.
  • The camera - too close the character and it makes it hard to see.
  • Variety - lots of the same enemies and the locations all feel the same. They never got out of London.
I'd say it was a solid 7/10 game and I hope they get a chance at a sequel. Just copy more drom Gears/Uncharted for gameplay, but keep the rest while making the story longer, more gameplay, less QTEs and some multi-player, like co-op or horde mode.

I got to a stealth section (I think it's the second one) that has made me really hate the game. Certainly on easy mode, they should just allow you to restart with the game state as it was, where you was, because this is just stupid.

I got to a stealth section (I think it's the second one) that has made me really hate the game. Certainly on easy mode, they should just allow you to restart with the game state as it was, where you was, because this is just stupid.
Those bits were harder than they should have been, IMO. The difficulty is far more spikey than curved which was a shame but if you persevere it just suddenly clicks and becomes a lot easier. Almost a walk in the garden. A rain drenched, badly lit, purveyor of sudden death garden but a garden all the same. Which is a bit like a park only more linear. Both of which are easy to walk in... when you know how and are armed to the teeth.

After getting the hang of it, I still died a few times on the last guard, not clear what I did wrong. This is what makes it very unpleasant.

After getting the hang of it, I still died a few times on the last guard, not clear what I did wrong. This is what makes it very unpleasant.
Yeah, the mechanics felt incredibly inconsistent. On most of the instances where I died, I have no idea why.

You don't really need to stealth kill the guards in the gardens, if this is the section you are talkin' about, you can made to the next level using the crossbow : it has limited ammo , but you find refills exploring around a bit. In anyway mixing the two type of kills makes quite easy the section

I had no idea, how stupid of me. Will try. Edit: piece of cake now.

Edit: game keeps going far longer than I expected.

Last edited:
Just finished it. Loved it, especially the story - could become a great series. I really hope they do make a sequel.

Oh and if you get to the credits, keep watching. Edit: or not, you can see that short bit at any time from the main menu.

Here's my summary of this game which I also posted as a user review.

The game is definitely not without faults. Environments are often very narrow, some fights are needlessly restricted/repetitive involving limited AI patterns, and one or two stealth sections are just boring (though once I realized I actually had a crossbow, one was actually pretty decent). But the gunplay is actually quite good, the graphics and sound are fantastic, the atmosphere is great, and the story, dialogue and characters are very much to my liking. Once the game is over, you have a fantastic setup for a second part, and considering the lessons undoubtedly learnt from this difficult first game on a new platform with some of the best graphics ever so far, the potential for the sequel is excellent and I can't wait to dive back into this world and finish what is clearly a larger story than just told in this game. Unfortunately, I fear that will be at least two years, if ever.

Last edited:
Back