The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

43823185484_993144c571_o.png

If we exclude racing games and their photomode that improves graphics, it's the most photogenic game ever.

I'm getting very strong AC:Unity vibes from the rendering in this game, just a lot better (especially LOD). I guess they both take a similar approach (very high quality baked GI + preset TOD). Even the character rendering reminds me me of AC:U, all in a good way ofc :)

Edit: MJ and Elise look very similar so kinda comparable:

15649873939_22f473ee4a_o.png

marvelsspider-man_201prc59.jpg

Spiderman is very impressive indeed :yes:

Last edited:
I'm getting very strong AC:Unity vibes from the rendering in this game, just a lot better (especially LOD). I guess they both take a similar approach (very high quality baked GI + preset TOD). Even the character rendering reminds me me of AC:U, all in a good way ofc :)

15649873939_22f473ee4a_o.png

marvelsspider-man_201prc59.jpg

who are MJ and Elise?

I'm doing to many side things, I have yet to unlock research points. I think I have to move the story forward.

Me and the Stature of Liberty

DmnCjWlUwAAMvCm.jpg:large

Last edited:

That's one hellava detail bump from Elise, the AC character still has that doll looking effect but MJ strikes me more of a actual human look due to the added skin details and hair rendering perhaps.

That's one hellava detail bump from Elise, the AC character still has that doll looking effect but MJ strikes me more of a actual human look due to the added skin details and hair rendering perhaps.

It was pretty impressive for 2014, esp the animations, but yeah MJ looks much better :)

who are MJ and Elise?

Did you just ask MJ was in a Spider-Man thread? :runaway:

I'm doing to many side things, I have yet to unlock research points. I think I have to move the story forward.

Me too. I've just been swinging around collecting backpacks, taking pictures and unlocking radio antennas and doing random crimes, which after a while lack variety. I dislike the car chasing event but that may be because I've barely unlocked any web-swinging skills, I've been focussing on the Innovating and 'Defence' (arse-kicking) skill trees.

The Fisk Hideouts are great though, they really keep you on your toes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started the game an hour ago, sadly I had it since two Friday's ago (vendor friend type of deal). That being said, the game is quite gorgeous, nothing really jaw dropping, but very gorgeous. The city is far more detailed than I originally thought. I was sure GTA V would have kept its crown for lower-level city detail... boy was I wrong. The city detail is far more impressive than GTA, very high quality assets being used, even on the most insignificant little things. GTA V still has a more diverse NPC and vehicle system, but that's about it. As for Spidey himself, he feels balanced technical wise (still getting a grip on achieving more forward momentum on upward strokes) and is a richly detailed model with beautiful animation. No major complaints so far...

Gorgeous game. Mechanically sound as well. In terms of your typical open world ocupational therapy it's surprisingly disappointing, though. Swing through a bunch of smoke clouds, chase pidgens, rescue guys from car trunks, and the tower unlocking minigame is so simplistic they might as well have reduced it to a single button prompt.
Arkham Knight was a lot more involved than that. Too bad it was so in love with the bloody tank.

Gorgeous game. Mechanically sound as well. In terms of your typical open world ocupational therapy it's surprisingly disappointing, though. Swing through a bunch of smoke clouds, chase pidgens, rescue guys from car trunks, and the tower unlocking minigame is so simplistic they might as well have reduced it to a single button prompt.
Arkham Knight was a lot more involved than that. Too bad it was so in love with the bloody tank.

I agree side quest are not among the best but the gameplay is good and main story is very good.

Last edited:
It is. And good on them that the main storyline is also the biggest chunk of content. Still, I was a bit disappointed that of all developers, Insomniac would be the one to pepper an open world with the most mundane tasks since AC Unity. Unlike with AC Unity this is all being saved somewhat by the sheer fun of the mechanics, though.

Back