The Game Awards [2020]

How sad.

I once eagerly awaited news out of BioWare. Now I just assume that whatever they show is going to be a game that is almost purely crap (to me). From arguably the premiere RPG maker in the world, to just another part of EA shoveling out crap.

On the upside, we might get a nice tech preview of what the Frostbite team are up to! We've still seen so little in the way of next gen titles.

I will not watch it because It begins at 01:00am here and I work friday.

If the event is anything like other event livestreams, the quality will be horrendous, like a long lost 480i VHS tape. All the best Trailers will release during or afterwards anyways. If YouTube is still acting up, it may take a while until the high-quality encodes are available. Maybe they'll be around when you wake up, maybe not, maybe not even by Friday after work.

So TLOU2 won GOTY and got a lot of other awards too. Deserved imo. Abby(Laura Bailey) won an award too for the haters to cry on.

Also Ghost of Tsushima, Hades, Among Us, Half-Life Alyx, Fall Guys, Tony Hawk's won awards. Elden Ring won Most anticipated game.

Those were my picks and Valkyrae was also my pick.

Animal Crossing and League of Legends won an awards too.

Last edited:
So TLOU2 won GOTY and got a lot of other awards too. Deserved imo. Abby(Laura Bailey) won an award too for the haters to cry on.

Also Ghost of Tsushima, Hades, Among Us, Half-Life Alyx, Fall Guys, Tony Hawk's won awards. Elden Ring won Most anticipated game.

Those were my picks and Valkyrae was also my pink.

Animal Crossing and League of Legends won an awards too.

I disagree , Half life alyx was robbed of multiple awards and so was hades. All much better games.

But hey wouldn't be an awards show if they didn't push politics and social agendas. I cringed at the Latinx part of the show and will simply not tune in next year and catch the trailers after the fact.

and even when its not political award shows just do stupid stuff

or

I disagree , Half life alyx was robbed of multiple awards and so was hades. All much better games.

But hey wouldn't be an awards show if they didn't push politics and social agendas. I cringed at the Latinx part of the show and will simply not tune in next year and catch the trailers after the fact.

and even when its not political award shows just do stupid stuff

or

TLOU def deserves its win regardless of stupid social politics.

So nothing of importance was announced. Project Dark probably the most interesting thing but it's CGI and probably more than a year away from showing real time footage.

BTW a full year since Hellblade 2 trailer was shown....

Alyx wasn't even nominated... And Hades is an indie title, meaning its presence as nominee was symbolical.

The only actual contenders for GOTY were IMO either Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2, at least based off popularity.

But if you look at the juri, it's made up of the videogame journalists who gave TLoU2 rave reviews because inclusiveness, which are the same who dogpiled on Ghost of Tsushima on accusations of being racist and "cultural appropriation" (i.e. evil white developers should not be allowed to make games set in mediaval Japan).

The only award that was based on real popularity among gamers was the Player's Voice which is voted by the community, and that one was in fact won by Ghost of Tsushima.
However, it's an official award from TGA that Doritos Pope Geoff Keighley made sure to leave out of the TGA's list of awards.

Ghost of Tsushima was never going to win TGA's GOTY, because TGA is now political. Which makes it worthless.

"Game of the Year" should be a community-driven award. Technical awards should be given by developers in technical positions, artistic awards should be given by developers in artistic positions. Gaming journalists should be used for... well, nothing.. as they don't really represent anyone other than themselves at this point.

Sony did the same, the problem with this you hype people. I will not watch it because It begins at 01:00am here and I work friday.

Did anything really come out of this? Was there any new trailer from a SIE Studio, or were they simply helping promote the VGA as an event?

How do you get hyped by "Tune into The Game Awards tomorrow at 4pm PT:" ??? It's just telling dumb ass gamers a gamer thing is happening. It promises and implies nothing.

:-|

Yup. If it said tune in tomorrow for more exciting PS5 exclusives then yes, a certain amount of hype would have been applied.

Eric Kain from Forbes tellls it like it is:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...hether-or-not-it-deserved-it/?sh=55fa76612895

There’s so much heft and gravitas and industry-wide groupthink with this sort of game. People say it’s super deep and so it is. People say it’s a masterpiece and so it becomes the critical darling, swept up in a wave of praise. It ticks off all the right boxes with all the right people, to the point where saying it’s not the best game of the year is almost verboten.

The more hate a game gets, the more powerful it becomes, and the more award it wins.
The haters brought this on themselves, only they are to blame for this

Back