the Darkness

See now that doesn't make sense considering you can use it to pick up cars and knock out lights from a distance of more than knife fighting range and yet you can't impale someone from more than knife fighting range? Poor inconsistent design then IMO.
Thanks for the tip though,I may replay the game at some point.

u can kill people from a distance with the darkness powers...

I don't know I havent had many complaints about the controls, havent had issues aiming at people with the different guns and I got used to the demon arm thing so is very cool... the story so far is cool as hell too

finished the game last night, man was that a blast! i really love the darkness power especially the creeping dark, the way it crawls looked so cool. the tentacle is so fun to impale bodies and cars. the graphics at times looked really organic and life like. dont wanna spoil much here, the story is really intriguing and the score is amazing too! i just wish it could b a bit longer but still i get a good solid 9hrs of fun.

hey, i finished it last night aswell. In the beginning i hated it, but it grew on me, good game, a bit on the short side thought.

I really loved the monologe parts when it was loading.

Just got the game. Walking around the subway and calling people + paying busker's to break dance, reminded me of Shenmue...

game is getting boring towards the end. And I wonder if reviewers really played all the way through. Performance gets HORRIBLE in some parts. I would hate to see what it is like on PS3 if reports of worse performance are true.

The FUD brigade did lie about the absence of motion blur btw. It's there. Anti-aliasing isn't. Bloom is there, and as irritating as ever. Some anisotropic filtering too, I believe.

It isn't FUD.
Motion blur is on all the time on 360 but is only used on certain things on the PS3 version. People who have played both versions are the ones who noticed it first.

the demo's also on live.

it wasn't very good imo. The shooting felt broken since it would auto-aim with pistols at somebody 50 yards away. The powers were all right but it was kind of stupid that you had to turn off lights to use them. The one puzzle involving the gasoline was really stupid. The graphics were pretty good but there weren't many characters on screen and the environments were small.

the demo's also on live.

it wasn't very good imo. The shooting felt broken since it would auto-aim with pistols at somebody 50 yards away. The powers were all right but it was kind of stupid that you had to turn off lights to use them. The one puzzle involving the gasoline was really stupid. The graphics were pretty good but there weren't many characters on screen and the environments were small.

Autoaim is completely adjustable in the final game options.

It felt broken for me in the beginning aswell, shooting out the lights and stuff, but once you get the demon arm thingy its all fun :)

the autoaim is adjustable in the ps3 demo too.

i found the controls to be awkward for some reason, and you move really slow. it looks good and i can see it being fun though, but i'm probably not going to buy it.

The demo was odd for me.

I play it through a few times. On the first, I got through OK (but missed the gas can... grrr). The action was awesome, and it really did feel like you were an unstoppable bastard :) I almost could feel the panic in the air. It really did work exceptionally well, and was thanks mostly to the sound effects.
The intro car ride felt very broken... Very weird sense of speed. Although in the grave yard.. When you first use the powers, you actually see yourself for a briefest of moment.. black tentacles all over. Really quite a disturbing sight

However on the next play thoughts, I found it very stale. It was odd. Perhaps since I knew what to expect. The gun battles never felt like you were some overwhelming dominating force of destruction.. They just seemed flat.

Had I not played it through again, I would have seriously considered buying it. Now I'm really not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not judge the game by the demo. Might be a rental for you, but I am not disappointed in my purchase (PS3), I am really addicted to this game.

Autoaim is completely adjustable in the final game options.

It felt broken for me in the beginning aswell, shooting out the lights and stuff, but once you get the demon arm thingy its all fun :)
I didn't know you could change the autoaim and it's at a good setting to use tentacle powers but it makes it to easy to just spray with your guns.

360 demo is beautiful... AA all over the place with nice blur every time you move and cool game play.

I like the demo but it makes me "FPS sick". :devilish:

360 demo is beautiful... AA all over the place with nice blur every time you move and cool game play.

Expectedly you chose to list the two things that were supposed to be missing from PS3 version.

I tried the "inferior" PS3 demo. Though gfx were better than I expected, gameplay made me postpone a possible purchase indefinitely.

Shooting is slow as hell (typical console fps problem, save Resistance), even the powers in the demo are either repetitive and boring, or slow and boring.

It even earned the position of fastest uninstalled demo ever.

Unfortunate really, an fps with powers would be just my kind of fps.

Back