Ten things I hate about the Xbox 360: CNET

Sis said:
:oops:

Other than the absolutely ridiculous slight against the DC, let me also add that my HDTV disagrees with you. She has already threatened to leave me if I play one more fugly looking game on her. When I'd buy her the latest Xbox game and tell her, "See, this one is pretty, the girl at the video game store said so" she would always laugh and say, "No, let me show you the flaws."

And she would.

.Sis

:LOL: nice

jvd said:
1) black wasn't the new black . I hate black electronics . Why is a news site posting personal opinions ?

He did state that it is mostly his personal opinion at the beginning of the article:

OK, so we've been through this drill before. Carnoy reviews a product, gives it a high rating, then writes a column talking about all the things he doesn't like about it. Worse, he starts referring to himself in the third person, which can only mean the ego's just running a little too high. Ack, I know, it's revolting. But, hey, it's kind of fun. So let's get right to the list of the unsavory traits of the Xbox 360. I've ordered them from mildly bothersome to really irksome. And, of course, feel free to add your own peeves.

This article is pretty dumb. Why are people in the news hating the Xbox 360 so much?:devilish: My god I don't like Bill Gates or MS for that matter, but I would never feel like I have to go out of my why to hate the 360.

That's what happens when you're on top I guess, especially when you're as aggressive getting there as MS has been.

Whatever, the consumer will love this product, that's all that matters.

mckmas8808 said:
This article is pretty dumb. Why are people in the news hating the Xbox 360 so much?:devilish: My god I don't like Bill Gates or MS for that matter, but I would never feel like I have to go out of my why to hate the 360.

The article is doing exactly what it's supposed to do, increase traffic to their website and get people talking. The guy is just attention whoring. Though some of his points I do agree with.

The more we talk about it the more his magic is working.

scooby_dooby said:
That's what happens when you're on top I guess, especially when you're as aggressive getting there as MS has been.

Whatever, the consumer will love this product, that's all that matters.

The same will most definitely be true with Sony and the PS3. You haven't seen anything yet. When the PS3 comes out everybody and anybody will give just as much if not more (negative/positive) attention to the king of the Consoles. Sometimes, it's not good to be king.

1. Beige isn't the new black
this is his opinion. but isnt the console white. so this isnt this an color opinion from some one that is color blind?

2. No killer games at launch
i have to dissagree COD is awsome

3. Accessories cost a small fortune
yep atleast hes got somthing right

4. The hard drive isn't big enough
for the average gamer i think its anuff

5. Limited keyboard/mouse support at launch
yep! but wait a minute this is true about every damn console released thats what the media pc is for

6. No built-in Wi-Fi
yep but you didnt pay for it cant get somthing for nothing. but they charge so damn much for the wifi connect i guess you can get somthing less then what you paid for

7. Not enough USB ports, especially on the back
usb hub 6 bucks at frys

8. No HDMI or DVI connectivity
not everyone has them and its for copy protect and less wires not picture quality

9. No built-in card reader
usb multi reader 14 bucks at frys or use the usb from the camera

10. You can't get it.
got one but sold it day of. but got compensated with 2 wired controllers, cod 2, one year live starter. what was cool was toys are us had a sale pay 75 or more get $10 gift certificate, so got $30 of gift certificates plus $20 off any game witht the cupon in the live starter. I figure i can wait three months and go to costco and get a cheap bundle.

Why is everyone so impressed with COD2?I saw the game and I was completely unimpressed graphically atleast :???:

The one thing I hate so far is the fact that my wife has a higher gamer rep than I do! God &*%^ing damn it!

Dave Baumann said:
The one thing I hate so far is the fact that my wife has a higher gamer rep than I do! God &*%^ing damn it!

Oh my. That's going to be hard to live down.

Dave Baumann said:

Roffles!

Edit: BTW, Nesh... perhaps it has something to do with more than the graphics, eh? ;)
(Though I'd say the particle effects alone make COD2 at least pretty impressive, even if it isn't the most beautiful game around).

Dave Baumann said:

Only if my girl was that great of a gamer. :devilish: *hate Dave out of jealousy*

Nesh said:
Why is everyone so impressed with COD2?I saw the game and I was completely unimpressed graphically atleast :???:

I agree. This is a PC game running on a P4. Is the xbox360 CPU supposed to be 10 times more capable than a P4 ??

Tap In said:
well I disgree since I'm playing next gen games now in HDTV. Screenshots do not do these games justice.

I do agree with you that they are not a BIG jump yet but it is early. By June or July we'll be seeing some amazing stuff based on the potential of the machine and what the devs are hinting at.

It's like this with every Next Gen at launch to some degree, so I don't see how that can be an issue.

The fact is that the Dc analogy is right. DC games (especially 3rd parties) were for a long time hires super versions of ps1 games and after that it was over.

seismologist said:
The main thing I dont like about the 360 is that it's too early. Next gen hasn't arrived yet.

Like the DC the games through the first year will be based on a current gen version as the lowest common denominator. I guess that goes along with #2...

Yeah and while I hate to agree with you X360 is not quelling doubts powerwise.

I have a feeling MS is in, deep trouble.

wazoo said:
The fact is that the Dc analogy is right. DC games (especially 3rd parties) were for a long time hires super versions of ps1 games and after that it was over.

I think it's more like the PS2 launch. PS2 launch titles looked like DC games with maybe a few more polygons, but more jaggies. But eventually we saw games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Ratchet & Clank, and suddenly that little Sega machine didn't look so competitive. Same thing will happen with X360 once UE3-based games start hitting the shelves.

And why do people think CO2 looks so amazing? I think it looks like an Xbox game with a fresh coat of paint, or maybe all WWII games have looked the same to me since Return to Wolfenstein.

Last edited by a moderator:
wazoo said:
I agree. This is a PC game running on a P4. Is the xbox360 CPU supposed to be 10 times more capable than a P4 ??

because most people compare it to the last gen of consoles.. not to PC...

wazoo said:
disagree.
Sega's NFL 2k NBA and NFL were Next Gen.

That is not why the DC was pulled from the shelf, that was more due to the fact that Sega had no money to support it, not that the games didn't hold up.

The DC games easily held their own against the PS2 games. To say otherwise is to have never actualy owned a DC. :p

Back