Stream DivX and XVid to x360

digital doesn't imply quality

you can have pretty bad quality with digital, and pretty good with analogic.

reencoding a file that has been already encoded is bad, that widens the compression lossness. in this case:

you have a mpeg2 encoded file
you reencode it to divx
you reencode it to wmv

while being a graphics whore about videogames, one can be far less demanding about video quality.

Magnum PI said:
digital doesn't imply quality

you can have pretty bad quality with digital, and pretty good with analogic.

reencoding a file that has been already encoded is bad, that widens the compression lossness. in this case:

you have a mpeg2 encoded file
you reencode it to divx
you reencode it to wmv

while being a graphics whore about videogames, one can be far less demanding about video quality.

well the quality of these streams is far superior to the analogue signal I was using I can tell you that much. When doing a split-image comparison between source and output, you can literally see no difference between the left and right sides.

You are re-encoding to quite high bit-rates (2000-4000kbps) the quality is very good. According to Windows Encoder 'HD bitrate' is 5000kbps or so.

scooby_dooby said:
well the quality of these streams is far superior to the analogue signal I was using I can tell you that much. When doing a split-image comparison between source and output, you can literally see no difference between the left and right sides.

You are re-encoding to quite high bit-rates (2000-4000kbps) the quality is very good. According to Windows Encoder 'HD bitrate' is 5000kbps or so.

Do you have a split-image comparison to show us by any chance? I'm interested in seeing this.

Back