Steve Irwin has died...

Mind you, the butterflies can probably savage you to death in Australia, place is full of things that can kill.
I think I can safely say that the butterflies are harmless ... unless you are trying to catch one in a net at the edge of cliff.

This news was very disheartening. He was a pinnacle of wildlife preservation, and a great source of entertainment for kids and adults alike.

I think I would have respected him more if he did the odd film about birds of paradise or butterflies rather than things that got ratings.

Mind you, the butterflies can probably savage you to death in Australia, place is full of things that can kill.

It is home to the only venomous mammal, the Platypus. Presumably it had to become venomous just to compete with the rest of the fauna.

The solution to drop bears is to wear a pointy hat, sorts the little buggers right out!
:)

Not that it'll/it'd ever see the light of day, but it's kind of a disturbing thought. I'm really sad right now :cry:

I used to frequent a gore site, that's correct a gore website, called "Ogrish" and you'd be surprised the amount of high profile death videos that surfaced. There were few that escaped absolute online exposure.

It is home to the only venomous mammal, the Platypus. Presumably it had to become venomous just to compete with the rest of the fauna.

The solution to drop bears is to wear a pointy hat, sorts the little buggers right out!
:)

Not sure, if the platypus is a mammal?

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

re the holding the baby near the croc issue. It was a stupid thing to do and additionally it was stupid for Steve not to say he goofed on that. That said, everybody is entitled to make mistakes from time to time and making a mistake now and then does not put you in the Michael Jackson class of Wacko even if there was a similarity between Michael Jackson's behaviour and Steve's in that particular instant re holding near the croc and Michael Jackson dangleing the baby from a balcony. As far as I know, the encounter with the Stingray was filmed and apparently some member[s?] of Mr Irwin's family have asked that it be aired on public television.

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

apparently some member[s?] of Mr Irwin's family have asked that it be aired on public television.

Please tell me this is a joke. I have no intentions to ever watch Steve Irwin get killed.

Timothy Treadwell on the other hand...

Please tell me this is a joke. I have no intentions to ever watch Steve Irwin get killed.

If the video were accompanied by an appropriate expert discussion of what happened I could see some value to it, but if it were run by the news stations as just the latest intriguing bit of gore I would be very disheartened indeed.

If the video were accompanied by an appropriate expert discussion of what happened I could see some value to it, but if it were run by the news stations as just the latest intriguing bit of gore I would be very disheartened indeed.

Airing real life deaths over public television, at least here in America, is unheard of. No one ever televised the beheadings, R. Budd Dwyer killing himself or countless other instances. Unfortunately the release of such a video would just end up as fodder for gore sites. I think overall it's a bad idea. Not that I don't have the stomach for it, but theres a difference between seeing some faceless person getting killed over an icon that made a difference like Irwin did.

I think I heard this on BBC Radio 4 or BBC World Service radio and whilst I have issues with the BBC on political matters, they would be reliable on a matter like that. If it was done properly it would be okay e.g. in the style of a national geographic programme without hype and with insight in to and background about the filming of his television programmes.

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Last edited by a moderator:
Back