Stargate Cancelled!

Hot Essex girl? Pffft! TBH she aged really badly through the series.

She's supposed to be a soldier so they don't glam her up much, though I have noticed a little more lip-gloss and eye shadow this series. In fact I've always thought it was very good the way they played down her attractiveness and never used her as cheesecake. They actually do quite a lot to hide her figure. Stargate has never had any of those silly Trek plots where the women wear skimpy figure-hugging clothing with plunging necklines every week, or end up shagging other characters every season.

I'd hardly kick her out of bed. I've even put a "soldier" one on the end for comparison:

Attachments

• at10.jpg
    at10.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 62
  • at27.jpg
    at27.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 60
  • at07.jpg
    at07.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 47
  • at19.jpg
    at19.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 51
  • amandatappingsg1.jpg
    amandatappingsg1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh neither would I, but she's definitely looking like she's 41 rather than 31 these days. I guess it's too many miles on the clock, all that hyper-space travel puts years on ya! :smile:

You won't hear any complaints from me if when I'm 41, I'm waking up beside a woman that looks like that!

Dont know about you, but when I am 41 (currently 30). I want to be waking up next to a woman aged between 25 to 30! Closer to 21 if I can help it! :p

Its a big shame if its not picked up again. Im a big fan of this series, I even really enjoy Atlantis. Im a bigger fan of Trek but I'll be the first to admit that SG1 is way better then Enterprise ever was, that series really finished trek off good an proper.

Oh yes, and Amanda Tapping is a fricking Goddess!

Star Gate cancelled? YAY!!

I always thought Star Gate the series was an advert for Richard Dean Anderson, I swear that guy is a major narcisisist....isiticisitc.. I know I can't spell. :cry:

It's the best sci-fi television show, over its entire body of work, ever.

I think BSG (and Farscape) seriously put SG-1 to shame. If you go beyond Sci-Fi network shows then Firefly and Babylon 5 do so as well.

Nah, BSG is just a soap opera in a pseudo sci-fi setting. Kinda like the movie Millenium Man, where the point isn't the technology but the human aspect. Not that it isn't a great show, just not something I even categorize as hard sci-fi. Farscape is similar, but not quite as extreme as BSG. SG-1 is much more toward the sci-fi end of things, and as such, IMO, this makes it a much better sci-fi show than the other two. It's at least as hardcore sci-fi as ST:TNG and ST:Voyager were, maybe more so.

Meh... who cares. There are better shows than all of these, just not sci-fi.

Yay? Hardly.

It'll do one of a few things...Move to a new network (most likely), SCI FI will reject the cancellation and renew it in light of increasing ratings (possible), Direct-to-DVD mini's, or the extra movies.

To think it's good and done for is ignorant at best. :rolleyes:

Star Gate cancelled? YAY!!

I always thought Star Gate the series was an advert for Richard Dean Anderson, I swear that guy is a major narcisisist....isiticisitc.. I know I can't spell. :cry:
Never heard that.
You only think that cuz he's Macgyver ;)
He's said he has low self esteem actually :p

Too bad about Sg1 being cancelled, right when it was gettin good.
S8 mostly sucked, S9 was a bit better and the last ep was S10 was hilarious and "THE PEGASUS PROJECT" was good also.

I just wish they would keep more of the races involved instead of just gung hoe yanks with a few jaffar and handful of asgard. Chopped out the nox, tolan(granted their planet got owned but no looking for survivors or anything) etc etc. I think more interaction and a bit more effort into making some really different races could really lift the show.

I do hope that they bring it back. I make a point to watch 3 specific hours of television a week:

1 hour for House
1 hour for SG-1
1 hour for Atlantis

Granted I watch other shows when I have time, but those three I make a point to try and not miss

I just wish they would keep more of the races involved instead of just gung hoe yanks with a few jaffar and handful of asgard. Chopped out the nox, tolan(granted their planet got owned but no looking for survivors or anything) etc etc. I think more interaction and a bit more effort into making some really different races could really lift the show.

The Nox chopped us out for the most part. ;)

The Tolan homeworld was destroyed a good year or two before the Prometheus was designed.

But yea, it'd be nice to see some of the races that we've visited before. Bringing the Nox back to show that even they have been pwned by the Ori would be pretty sweet.

Yay? Hardly.

It'll do one of a few things...Move to a new network (most likely), SCI FI will reject the cancellation and renew it in light of increasing ratings (possible), Direct-to-DVD mini's, or the extra movies.

To think it's good and done for is ignorant at best. :rolleyes:

LOL.. I guess this could get heated. I say double-yay! I can't stand Star Gate - I have a friend who would quite probably kill me if she knew I was talking like this about her beloved show and her beloved Richard Dean Anderson.

I am really surprised no one else things Richard Dean Anderson is a muppet! I swear he gets the best lines in almost all the episodes evne when he is doing nothing at all and looks so darn smug all the time... kinda like he is thinking of all the ka-ching! in the bank he is making producing the series. Down with Anderson I say! :LOL:

LOL.. I guess this could get heated. I say double-yay! I can't stand Star Gate - I have a friend who would quite probably kill me if she knew I was talking like this about her beloved show and her beloved Richard Dean Anderson.

I am really surprised no one else things Richard Dean Anderson is a muppet! I swear he gets the best lines in almost all the episodes evne when he is doing nothing at all and looks so darn smug all the time... kinda like he is thinking of all the ka-ching! in the bank he is making producing the series. Down with Anderson I say! :LOL:

Uhh, you know he's not been in SG1 for the last couple of years except for the odd guest appearance?

I guess you wouldn't know that if you hadn't been watching it...

A perfect example of the ignorance Sobek spoke of.

Back