Spore on Wii

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Apparently, Will Wright just confirmed that Spore is also coming to the Wii, which, according to him, is the 'only' real next-gen console. :D

Not surprising at all that Will Wright would say that, the system is much more what he would consider progress.

As for the game, well it needs to hurry and release!

Spore looks awesome to me. The ideo of an player directed evolutionary process with changing gameplay dynamics is very, very cool. I am not a typical sim gamer or one to just aimlessly goof around, but Spore looks totally ingenious. I want :) Hopefully the Wii version doesn't cut too many corners.

Apparently, Will Wright just confirmed that Spore is also coming to the Wii, which, according to him, is the 'only' real next-gen console. :D

It's just a reconfirmation, Arwin. The game was already announced over 1 year ago. :p

Spore looks awesome to me. The ideo of an player directed evolutionary process with changing gameplay dynamics is very, very cool. I am not a typical sim gamer or one to just aimlessly goof around, but Spore looks totally ingenious. I want :) Hopefully the Wii version doesn't cut too many corners.
I expect it'll be cutting many corners, to be more a derivative game rather than the same one, like the DS version.

On the one-up show they gave the impression that they've been molding this very much into a Sims like experience, presumably to try to capture a similar mass-market appeal. The graphics have moved on to reflect this very much, to the point that some of the 1up people expressed that they found the graphics very unappealing, but expected that it could work well with the Sims crowd. This is all talking about the PC version, so it's not sure how many corners need to be cut on the Wii ... I'm sure we'll find out in the next 6 months, however, since they claimed that the game was now basically done (fully playable build) and all that they were going to do over the next 6 months is refine the details.

Back