Spiderman 3

I thought it was awful. Rewriting "Uncle Ben to have been killed by... Sandman" is extremely tacky, really trying to tie some emotion into the movie. Venom's introduction (and 20mins screentime) was pathetic.

Did anyone else notice Eddie/Venom still said "I" - "I hate Spiderman", not "We hate Spiderman". He was basically shot at some angry guy in a super suit, rather than the insane-but-somehow-likeable villain. Hell, I haven't read a Spidey comic in a decade, but that just rubbed me in a way which said, "the writer doesn't read the comic."

Oh, and the emo hair thing got a lot of laughs for all the wrong reasons. A real shame, since I loved the first two.

I loved Spiderman 3! If this really is the last one, it was the perfect way to wrap up the trilogy for me.

Venom totally exceeded my expectation for how they could translate that character from comic to film. And Topher Grace just nailed that role. As a huge fan of Venom from the comics all I have to say is Bulls Eye!

But Sandman/Marko-- OMG! His character is why I will probably have to go back and see the movie a second time. My only complaint would be that he did not get enough screen time. That one character had more depth and showed so much more humanity, even with just a handful of scenes, than many other Marvel characters were able to muster even with whole films devoted to them.

A lot of fan service in this movie which I appreciated. Sam Rami when well out of his way to please not just the main stream by but the real fans. Bruce "Jesus" Campbell's bit in the film was pretty sweet too.

Finally the sound design in the movie just blew me away! The DLP cinema I choose to watch this in had just one of the most amazing sound system I had ever heard. This is one of those movies where you just really feel bad for people who either pirated the movie or don't have decent theaters in their because they are missing so much. The audio seriously moved me. Oscar winner for best sound - you heard it here first.

I loved Spiderman 3! If this really is the last one, it was the perfect way to wrap up the trilogy for me.
unfortnuatly i was reading yesterday theyre planning to make a lot more
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6630521.stm
Spider-Man will return for at least three more movies, its studio has said after the super-hero's third film broke North American box office records. Sony Pictures chief executive Michael Lynton told the BBC: "Everybody has every intention of making a fourth, a fifth and a sixth and on and on."
on + on + on :)
shrek3's coming out soon ( whats the bet there'll be a shrek 4), pirates of the caribbean etc

And they'll keep cranking 'em out for one reason only:

In addition to being #1 for the weekend in all 107 territories around the world in which it opened, Spider-Man 3 set a new mark for the biggest weekend of all time in 29 countries, including the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, China, Italy, Mexico, and Brazil. The film set new records for the biggest single worldwide day (Saturday, May 5 - $117,631,328), biggest international opening ($231 M), and biggest worldwide opening ($382 M).

True that, I wish they would have stuck more closely to the comic's storyline. It worked well for the first two movies just bastardizing it a little, but this one was just a turn the wrong way and over-the-top. :(

Still, I don't think it necessarily means that all future Spidey movies will suck. They can steer their way back to the real plotline methinks.

Saw it yesterday. I liked the visuals and I liked, err, the visuals.

Other than that, this might be the biggest piece of crap I ever saw. Just awful, not even 1 of 10.

Good guys turning bad then good again, bad guys turning good and bad and then good again, wtf? And all the crying, just awful.

Personally I d give it 8/10

they presented very well both sides of each character and I loved that.

How many superhero movies do we need that a "hero" is perfect in "personality" and in the sense of "being good" ?

The human aspect of all characters was there.

How many movies do we need that present the villains as people that do what they do just because they are evil?

How many one character based superhero movies thats always 1 vs 1? We had two spiderman movies that way already

Also they had to settle atlast what was going on between Peter and Harry. They did that. And it was great how things were settled as a finale.

We always waited for Venom. Did we get Venom? YES.

I always wondered how they would put him in the movie. Spiderman going to space? Spiderman finding a spaceship? Although they were great plots for comic and cartoon series these would have been bad decisions for a movie.

Then there was the question how was spiderman going to face Venom in a 2+ hour movie when in the comic he first used Venom to ehnance his abilities for a long time and later faced him? They had to bring another villain who he would have to face by using vemom as a suit and then turn him away when he realises the sideffects.

The movie was as best as it could

If the movie was a pump, it would empty out the Pacific in under 2 minutes. I am not even going to mention the acting, or the plot, but I will just say this: If an action movie has more dancing and singing sequences then action scenes, you might just have gone wrong somewhere.

For $9 dollars, watching horse excrements discompose in the field is a more entertaining experience.

Just came back from the theater, and I would rate it 3.25/5, meaning that it was a decent superhero movie with nice visuals, it had some "WTF is this shit" moments, but not nearly as many as I was afraid of. The second Spiderman was the best, but I'm not sure which one comes second, since I didn't like the first one too much either, eventhough Willem Dafoe was pretty good.

In a nutshell this was a popcorn movie that kept me on the seat for a bit over two hours, but pretty meaningless experience all in all.

Well, I liked the movie no matter how bad it was. :)

I can see how it'd piss off a lot of Spidey fans as it did totally f-up the plotlines/origins of folks. It was really cheesy the whole way they worked the black costume into it, but then again so was the original one in the comics. (HINT: The only reason Spidey got a black costume was to sell a 12 issue mini-series called "The Super Secret Wars". I know, I anxiously waited each week for the next one to come out. :oops: )

I can't decide if I liked/hated how they still used the same imagery even though the plot was wrong. :LOL:

I just sort of enjoyed the movie, it was fun for what it was...but it does totally fuck up the whole comic/movie connection as this movie seems to be the breaking point from the "real" plotline.

(I'll argue that point further, but it involves spoilers)

I haven't seen the movie yet, but does it borrow from the Ultimate Spiderman storyline to an extent? I know the venom in that was not extraterrestrial at all (biological weapon or some such), and from the trailers I've seen it seems like they're going with that origin. (in fact, all new marvel stuff seems to stem from the ultimate line rather than classic) Not sure if the venom in ultimate spiderman refers to himself as we or I.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but does it borrow from the Ultimate Spiderman storyline to an extent? I know the venom in that was not extraterrestrial at all (biological weapon or some such), and from the trailers I've seen it seems like they're going with that origin. (in fact, all new marvel stuff seems to stem from the ultimate line rather than classic) Not sure if the venom in ultimate spiderman refers to himself as we or I.

Venom is not a biological weapon in Spiderman3, and neither does Venom speak. He is extraterrestrial (trying to borrow from the original roots)

He is a parasite that is looking for a host but seems to realise the feelings, and memories of the host

Refering to the movie ofcourse

This movie felt a little like Star Wars in the whole dialogue and bad acting thing. The action scenes were good. The story could have been fleshed out a little bit more or one of the villains taken out. If this were a trilogy then it would make babies cry.

Better than the crap X-men 3 at least.

Venom is not a biological weapon in Spiderman3, and neither does Venom speak. He is extraterrestrial (trying to borrow from the original roots)

He is a parasite that is looking for a host but seems to realise the feelings, and memories of the host

Refering to the movie ofcourse

Oh, well that doesn't sound too far off from what I remember of the original venom mythos. Just replace parasite with "sentient alien blob" and aren't you back to pretty much the original venom?

This was so bad that after buying the first two films as collector's editions I most like will not buy this movie at all. Maybe when it gets into bargain bin I might pick it up.

There were so many things that made me want to tear my hair out. The worst of them all was the stopping in front of the flag before coming to save the world from terr...MJ from the villains.

Utter crap. Blade 3 crap, Matrix 3 crap. nuff said.

yes Blade 3, Matrix 3, X-men 3, alien3, terminator3 were the worse of the trilogy (alien4)
seems a pretty fast rule, though exceptions (LOTR, +starwars3 (which actually was better than the first 3 starwars films in the second half) )

If the movie was a pump, it would empty out the Pacific in under 2 minutes. I am not even going to mention the acting, or the plot, but I will just say this: If an action movie has more dancing and singing sequences then action scenes, you might just have gone wrong somewhere.

For $9 dollars, watching horse excrements discompose in the field is a more entertaining experience.

Amen. THis was no superhero movie. Superhero movies should be about them kicking ass and blowing away your mind with their abilities. I wodner what happened to Spidey's spider sense....didnt work it seemed. Venom was badass but too little screentime. The 'I am bad' Spiderman sequences were cheese. And what was that with the sun coming up at the end at the emotional climax or whatever...Batman Begins is the best superhero movie to date.

Back