Soooo... What happened to the last eps of Enterprise?

Guden Oden

Legend
Is it just me, or is the show on an unusually long break here, especially for a series I hear has been cancelled? I can't find any eps beyond 4:18 so I guess they must not have been broadcast yet. :?

That sucks. Especially when they friggin went and cancelled the show when it at last was starting to pick up good steam!

Well... 4-18 only aired six days ago after a prolonged hiatus before 4-17, so it's no wonder you can't find any newer ones. Supposedly the delay was to rework the last episodes due to the show beeing cancelled and all. The final 4 are secduled to air one a week during the next month, starting today.

A lot of shows have a break around now to put off the new shows untill may "sweeps." I can't remember the last time I saw a new episode of Lost but thankfully its back next week.

Ahh, okay... Well, cancellation sucks. :( Brannon/Braga really screwed up this time by taking the same flawed concept as previous trek shows and using it yet again in this one.

This new guy whatsisname really had his shit together, S4 has generally been the best of the bunch I have to say. And not just because of Brent Spiner guest-starring.

Producers Defend Enterprise End

Star Trek: Enterprise producers Brannon Braga and Rick Berman told SCI FI Wire that they understood the recent disparaging comments made by cast members about the final episode, but stood by their execution of the series finale. "You have to remember, under normal circumstances, most people probably would have thought this was a very cool episode, because it has a great concept driving it," Braga said in a conference call with reporters. "But when it's the final episode of a series, emotions are running very high."

The most vocal objection came from cast member Jolene Blalock, who plays T'Pol on the show. "I don't know where to begin with that one," she recently said of the finale. "The final episode is ... appalling."

The episode, titled "These Are the Voyages," features Star Trek: The Next Generation stars Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis, who reprise their roles as Commander Riker and Deanna Troi. The pair will view the episode's historic events through a holodeck recreation. Berman said he thought that the opinions expressed by Blalock had to do with the episode's references to the previous Trek series. "The feeling was that if this was going to be the finale of Enterprise, then why bring characters in from another series?" he said. "But I think when people see the episode and realize that to be able to truly pay the respect to our characters that we have, we've couched it in a unique fashion of being able to look back on them, and I think it's going to be a very positive response towards the Enterprise crew."

Braga said that he was aware that the Enterprise cast had some minor issues with the storyline, but there were no serious objections during the production. "There were a couple of people who were slightly uncomfortable with the fact that we have Next Generation characters in the show, and it is a different kind of episode," he said. "But there were no serious complaints. And none of the actors have seen the episode, so they can't be dissatisfied with how it turned out." Star Trek: Enterprise ends its four-season run May 13 on UPN at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

News Source: SciFi

Yeah, as Thunderbird said, most US network shows tend to broadcast original, first-run episodes during the three "sweeps" periods (November, February, May) of the season, where advertising rates are calculated. Enterprises' episode production order has also been cut from 26 episodes in the first two seasons, to 24 in the third season and now 22 in the fourth and final season, so UPN need to air more repeats to fill their schedule.

Enterprise also has a much more demanding post production schedule than most shows, due to the fairly heavy special-, optical- and visual effects requirement. IIRC, the typical lead-time for an episode of Enterprise is about six weeks from start of filming (7-10 days) to the final broadcast edit -- this doesn't factor in pre-production (choosing Directors/prepping, building additional sets, script rewrites, etc). If Enterprise' run wasn't interspersed with repeats due to sweeps, it would need to force periods of repeats at similar points anyway to allow post-production to catch-up, as their lead-time diminishes with each new original episode broadcast without the pause given by repeats.

AFAIK, starting with 4x17 Bound, the final batch of episodes should air consecutively over the next few weeks with the season finale (4x21-22 ...These are the Voyages) airing on May 13th, 2005. 4x19 In A Mirror Darly Part 2 airs tonight and should have most trekkies in raptures with scenes of the crew in TOS uniforms, a further look at the Gorn and other TOS/Mirror Universe references. ;)

Cheers,

BrynS

Does this mean the old joke that Enterprise is really just a historically inaccurate holodeck simulation from The Next Generation era is actually true? :oops:

That might be for the best; I hate breaks in continuity and never got into the current series.

btw, since the show is cancelled why bother running it during sweeps?

Back