Sony To Hold Hour And A Half Investor/Analyst Meeting On November 19th

Okay, it's just crazy corporate shennanigans. Suffice to say the meat here is that Sony's network efforts are being moved away from their console and gaming section and integrated into the parent company. Which makes sense. Sony is pursuing the objective of being a network service delivery platform. You don't want one of your sub-branches being responsible for the backbone of the corporation!

They better )$(#*%&$* hurry up ! 3 years and they are not done with musical chairs yet.

In the mean time, our cross game chat and other features may be stuck in debug firmware.

Once they make a decision on whether and what to charge, the userbase will react accordingly. I just want the features to be accessible from release firmware.

The fees will depend on what kind of services Sony wants to bundle. I probably won't use cross game chat much, but I want to see the other features they talked about in their survey.

In principle, I'd rather buy more games so that both developers and Sony benefit.

They can charge I think for personal spaces if they want. Such as a virtual area to save your files to instead on the HDD for those that are interested with additional benefits and features.

Not exactly PS3, but Sony is involved in yet another TV effort:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/18/technology/18webtv.html

Google and Intel have teamed with Sony to develop a platform called Google TV to bring the Web into the living room through a new generation of televisions and set-top boxes.

The project, which has been under way for several months, was described by people with knowledge of it. They requested anonymity because the partners were not allowed to speak publicly at this point, and details remained under negotiation.

Back