SONY gets caught with pants down while faking BR demo.

While a comparison makes some sense, there's a few questions I have:

1.) Why are they using a burned copy of the movie? Is that not Sony themselves breaking copy right laws?

2.) They mention the Blu-Ray version having no labeling yet they have a full Blu-Ray case..... I dont understand why both wouldnt be done at the same time.

I'm thinking its a comparison too, just a very very badly done comparison.

Skrying said:
While a comparison makes some sense, there's a few questions I have:

1.) Why are they using a burned copy of the movie? Is that not Sony themselves breaking copy right laws?

2.) They mention the Blu-Ray version having no labeling yet they have a full Blu-Ray case..... I dont understand why both wouldnt be done at the same time.

I'm thinking its a comparison too, just a very very badly done comparison.

Wel the movie is a SONY Pictures film so I guess they can do it since they own all rights to it. I think they burned it because it isn't a whole movie, just a rolling demo or somthing. As far as the case is concerned, those are usually printed out first for marketing purposes. For example at CES they displayed those BR cases even though the movies haven't even been pressed on BDs yet.

If it's just a demo, Sony can just burn partial scenes of the movie encoded in H264/AVC into a DVD.

The story/article itself is kinda fishy. Why would Sony use a Verbatim DVD?

NANOTEC said:
Read post #4 in this thread.

That didn't explain anything and is vague.

Again, you should have clarified that this was a rumour overblown by someone eager to get the "scoop".

"Sorry, my mistake." Is the hardest thing to say I guess.

Why would Sony use a Verbatim DVD?

Why not? ;)

Back