Sony Electronics's media processor(CELL rival) in Press Rele

It's BE, there is no such thing as EE3 anymore.
True, but you can rest assured that some posters will never change their mind about naming they choose ;) After all, how many people still don't use AGB and GCN :p
And we can always rest assured that even if Sony renamed their next console XBox, it's still going to be PSX3 with EE2 and GS2 to Deadmeat for the rest of eternity. :)

sorry. forgot the rasterizing will be done on Visualizer, which is, in the patent, a cell-based IC. but the Pixel Engines and CRTCs arent really cell stuff.

anyway, the point was, several non-cell chips will be in PS3, doing things like audio, I/O, PS2/PS1 (EE+GS 65nm ?), etc.

Megadrive1988 said:
Anyway, the point was, several non-cell chips will be in PS3, doing things like audio, I/O, PS2/PS1 (EE+GS 65nm ?), etc.

And that's fine, nobody is disputing this. I don't thing you'll find a person, ironically enough, outside of Deadmeat, who thinks that Cell is equivalent to the savior incarnate and will become the one and only IC.

What he's doing is playing a semantic game, which is further reinforced by translational error to further his pathetic, sociopathic crusade against Sony Corp, Ken Kutaragi and Cell. In no specific order.

Back