Silent Hill Trailer: Movie

.Melchiah. said:
Not to mention the haunting and twisted Session 9 (which IMO is one of the best psychological horror movies ever, the director's newer movie, The Machinist, is also worth checking out), and the bleak The Nameless.

Oh, yes, Session 9 is great! (I think it's also known as "The Asylum" some places)
It stands out with its real look and I especially liked hearing all the recordings with those "funny" voices;-)

On topic, I agree with what's being said about the pace of the Silent Hill games, it slowly draws you in, and I also hope they do not make it like a "fast-action-packed-crap"- type of horror movie. . .

Session 9 is great. David Caruso rocks.

Haven't heard of The Nameless before, maybe I'll have to check it out.

I always liked Event Horizon as a creepy horror-y movie as well -- slightly more sci-fi though.

Hopefully Silent Hill captures some of the feel that the game did so well... it really is a great series and seems like it is a natural fit for a movie.

Bobbler said:
Session 9 is great. David Caruso rocks.

Haven't heard of The Nameless before, maybe I'll have to check it out.

I always liked Event Horizon as a creepy horror-y movie as well -- slightly more sci-fi though.

The Nameless (aka Los Sin Nombre) is directed by Jaume Balagueró, who has also directed Darkness (I liked it as well, although it's not as bleak as The Nameless) and the upcoming Fragile. It's spoken in Spanish, so I hope you don't mind the subtitles.

Event Horizon is also one of my favorite movies. =) Did you know there's a special edition DVD of it coming soon? I've always loved sci-fi horror movies, sadly there aren't many of them that are good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the SH recognizably-creepy music kicked in at the end, I gots me the shivers!

Please be good! Please be good!

pyramidhead021406.jpg

Now that looks awesome!!

I really hope this movie is as great as it should be. I have faith it should as Christophe Gans (the director of Brotherhood of the wolf) is directing it, and i thought he done a good job on that film.

Pyramid Head :love:

Enjoy this fresh Silent Hill set report:

Silent Hill Set Report: Toronto, Canada
Part 1: The Set
By: Mike Pereira

It is safe to say that I like many of you have become skeptical when it comes to video game adaptations. Aside from the entertaining guilty pleasure, Moral Kombat, they’ve been very weak to say the least. The prospect of Christophe Gans at the helm is assuring. He is the guy behind the extremely cool Brotherhood Of The Wolf and Crying Freeman. But I kept on reminding myself of what happened to Pitof who made the stylish Vidoq in France, only to come to Hollywood to make the disastrous, Catwoman.

Personally I have spent some long hours in the world of Silent Hill and if you haven’t as of yet, what are you waiting?! The series’ combination of chilling atmosphere with complex and human stories make it stand out from all the rest. I want it to succeed more than anything but if they fail; I will gladly join the lynch mob. Aside all that, I tried my best to put tuck away my skepticism for this set visit and keep my fingers crossed.

It started off with a bang. We got the opportunity to check out a portion of the hospital set. It was like walking into the game. The rich red walls sent out a great atmosphere. Like in the game, the creepy looking nurses were present. The creature designs were done by Patrick Tatopoulos from Independence Day and Pitch Black fame.

Radha Mitchell who’s playing the heroine named Rose is doing the scene in which she is looking for her daughter in the hospital. At this point, she must walk through the nurses undetected…in a pitch black environment no less. She cannot turn on her flashlight. It attracts these zombified nurses. A cool little tidbit was that there were 100 variations of one costume that Radha wears. As the character spends more time in Silent Hill, the colors get sucked out of the costume. It will become redder as the film progresses.

From the stuff that I saw on set, to the previous night’s dailies, everything looked really promising. There was even one moment where they used the high angle perspective from the game! Also, they used HD cameras in order to shoot the “dark†sequences. The sharpness of the image will allow a greater resolution and detail in order to manipulate the scenes. It will give these moments a unique look and feel from the rest of the film. The filmmakers want to create the appearance that she cannot see anything. During post-production, they will add grain and darken the images.

We had the great pleasure to speak to the director, Christophe Gans. He is the man behind cool flicks such as Brotherhood Of The Wolf and Crying Freeman.

Part 2: Interview with Director Christophe Gans!

Part 3: Interview with Stars Sean Bean, Deborah Unger, Laurie Holden, Radha Mitchell and Jodelle Ferland and Producers: Andrew Mason and Don Carmody

Back