Silent Hill Trailer: Movie

drpepper

Regular
Ok, so this isn't a game but game related. The 2 minute official trailer of the Silent Hill movie is out. [Note: this is not the teaser released a few months ago]

It looks fantastic. It even uses Akira Yamaoka's music from the game in the trailer. It definitely has the spirit of Silent Hill. Could this be the movie that finally does a game adaptation right?

It also has one of my favourite actors, Sean Bean, so another motivation to see it.

I only wish they had an HD version of it on quicktime. But I guess I'll settle for teh low rez- WMV.

[edit: also, I love how they've included the "siren" sound when going from one reality to the other!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this the other day. Looks like it could be a good adaptation. :)

edit: saw it on gametrailers.com

edit2: ah... nevermind was thinking of the teaser. :p

:oops: They've got the monster designs in... I wonder if they'll end it with a cliff hanger as Sean Bean's character gets "trapped" there. :D

Great find! Thanks. Both the teaser and this trailer are indicating they are in the right direction. I have to play through Silent Hill 1 once more before this movie arrives:D

BTW, I strongly reccomend any Silent Hill fan to watch the movie Jacob's Ladder. It's one of the team's main inspirations behind the games. You will recognize a lot of "scenes" and places too from the games in it;-)

Jacob's ladder was awesome, why I don't own it I don't know. But I can definitely see where the bobble head guy comes from. :)

Wich of the games is it based on? I played nr 2 and nr 3 on PS2 but thought generally that number two was way better in all elements besides graphics where part three shined.
Havent played The room yet but maybe its worth picking up.

Looks good so far. They have the music, the fog and the monsters. The only thing I hope gets also featured are those totally sick sound effects of the games.
A movie which has a kind of that sound is A tale of two sisters, anyone seen it ?

overclocked said:
Wich of the games is it based on? I played nr 2 and nr 3 on PS2 but thought generally that number two was way better in all elements besides graphics where part three shined.
Havent played The room yet but maybe its worth picking up.

What is "nr"?

The movie is loosley based on SH1. But they've added elements of SH2 into it. Like Pyramid head and the straight jacket monsters. The nurses appear to be modeled after the nurses in SH2 and SH3.

drpepper said:
What is "nr"?

The movie is loosley based on SH1. But they've added elements of SH2 into it. Like Pyramid head and the straight jacket monsters. The nurses appear to be modeled after the nurses in SH2 and SH3.

nr = number :) IE SH2 and SH3!

drpepper said:
Ok, so this isn't a game but game related. The 2 minute official trailer of the Silent Hill movie is out. [Note: this is not the teaser released a few months ago]

It looks fantastic. It even uses Akira Yamaoka's music from the game in the trailer. It definitely has the spirit of Silent Hill. Could this be the movie that finally does a game adaptation right?

It also has one of my favourite actors, Sean Bean, so another motivation to see it.

I only wish they had an HD version of it on quicktime. But I guess I'll settle for teh low rez- WMV.

[edit: also, I love how they've included the "siren" sound when going from one reality to the other!]

Can I download the video?I dont want to stream it

Nesh said:
Can I download the video?I dont want to stream it

Right now you can only stream it from yahoo. If a downloadable version pops up I'll be sure to update with a link.

Like I said, why couldn't Apple host it? They provide trailers in so much better quality than this streamed crap.

Sindre said:
Sorry to bring this back up, but I just noticed the Silent Hill trailer now comes in HD at http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/silenthill/hd/ :D
Enjoy!

I saw A Tale of Two Sisters the other day, and although I felt left with too many questions, it was very good, and creepy. Thanks for the recommendation:)

My pleasure, but I know it`s kinda hard to follow even if you know the story...on the the DVD are some deleted scenes that would have made it easier.

looks too CGI-ish to be scary. There is also something about the atmosphere that doesn't seem right. Silent Hill has always been creepy because it was slow, and the atmoshpere slowly envelops you. I think this just looks wrong and hasn't been developed to fit the film medium. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Bobbler said:
This (A Tale of Two Sisters) and Jacob's Ladder, as previously mentioned, are two very good movies.

Not to mention the haunting and twisted Session 9 (which IMO is one of the best psychological horror movies ever, the director's newer movie, The Machinist, is also worth checking out), and the bleak The Nameless.

Back