SIFU [PS4, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

And who's exactly saying that? Because I, for one, did not.
It was more of a jab at your age :p

Seriously though, the comment wasn't for you, I just heard some criticism of the game to the tune of, its graphics being PS1-2 era (that is ridiculous).

It was more of a jab at your age :p

Seriously though, the comment wasn't for you, I just heard some criticism of the game to the tune of, its graphics being PS1-2 era (that is ridiculous).
Well, I think it's just people commenting they're reminded of a certain style/era where that style was more frequent. I didn't even know other people were saying that when I first formed my opinion on the game's graphics, nor @London Geezer 's post. Nobody can say the graphics are technically at the same level, though. o_O

I'm not that young, actually. :mrgreen:

Sounds like they're adding difficulty levels. So if you already beat it you'll get a harder setting, and if you are afraid to jump in there will be an easier setting for you. Not sure when it comes out.

Sounds like they're adding difficulty levels. So if you already beat it you'll get a harder setting, and if you are afraid to jump in there will be an easier setting for you. Not sure when it comes out.
hopefully instead of making enemies dumber, it will allow for a slower game

Evidently, the developers are going to make the reaction timing more forgiving on easier difficulty levels. Part of their reason for implementing a lower difficult setting is to make the game more accessible to people with disabilities.

So, enemy attacks will probably be slower in the lower difficulty level. Possibly less punishing as well.

Regards,
SB

I looked at the DF Sifu video and I did not even see the stuttering in the PC part, other than their graphs, seeing/feeling it when changing rooms was impossible for me.
Another thing, they talked about crowd control in the fights, is that normal brawler/beat-em up/button mashing game tactic? Because when I was doing martial arts then only crowd control I learned in fights, with multiple opponents. Was keep your back free, everybody in front of you and zone/position yourself so you could attack/defend against one person and that everybody else was not able to attack you. Mostly by keeping that person between you and the rest. Ie not a Jackie Chan type of HK movie fight. I think that tactic actually works for me in Sifu (the little bit I played)

I think that the commentary of the people at DF had to do with different expectations, ie, they were mainly expecting a 2d beat 'em up brawler translated in 3d.
Sifu, is a game of its own.
I honestly cannot think of a game that plays just like it.

I personally like that the game has so few crowd control options, essentially forcing the player to rely on positioning and reflexes to overcome the AI.
Either way, I think I get where they are coming from.
I just feel that the game provides the tools needed to overcome the obstacles it presents, and that more tools would not necessarily make it a better game, but, they would certainly make it a different game altogether.

I think that the commentary of the people at DF had to do with different expectations, ie, they were mainly expecting a 2d beat 'em up brawler translated in 3d.
Sifu, is a game of its own.
I honestly cannot think of a game that plays just like it.

I personally like that the game has so few crowd control options, essentially forcing the player to rely on positioning and reflexes to overcome the AI.
Either way, I think I get where they are coming from.
I just feel that the game provides the tools needed to overcome the obstacles it presents, and that more tools would not necessarily make it a better game, but, they would certainly make it a different game altogether.

The combat is an evolution of their combat system from their previous game, Absolver. The biggest changes are the Chinese Kung Fu theme to the combat as well as a single player focus. Absolver had the same combat system, albeit not Kung Fu themed, but in a multiplayer only arena game.

Same art style and everything. I'm looking forward to what Slocap do next as I like how they handle 3rd person melee combat.

Regards,
SB

The combat is an evolution of their combat system from their previous game, Absolver.
I haven't played Absolver, although I've heard good things about it.
The only thing stopping me, is that I'm not a huge fan of arena games.

I'm looking forward to what Slocap do next as I like how they handle 3rd person melee combat.
I totally agree, I think (and hope) this studio has a bright future ahead of them.

Back