Side-scrolling Metroid for Wii - Sign the petition!

I'll sign the petition just for the hell of it, but Nintendo has no incentive to go to 2d on the tv with their handhelds selling like mad.

I'll sign the petition just for the hell of it, but Nintendo has no incentive to go to 2d on the tv with their handhelds selling like mad.

They are just about to release Super Paper Mario. They may be more open minded toward side-scrollers these days. I think it might be mostly due to the success of the New Super Mario Bros.

They are just about to release Super Paper Mario. They may be more open minded toward side-scrollers these days. I think it might be mostly due to the success of the New Super Mario Bros.

:smile: I sure hope they're more open-minded to side-scrollers I just think that they will mainly place them on the handheld. I wish they'd come up with a DS player. I've never owned a Nintendo handheld but have enjoyed a few games through that attachment.

I think Metroid made a very good transition to 3D and I would be fine with it staying that way. A side scrolling Metroid sounds like a good idea as well but I think overall the series has benefited from 3D.

side scroller sounds like it would be better for a portable. I like the prime titles too much. Maybe if retro still did fps because theyr'e so good at it but they really nailed down the metroid atmosphere well.

edit: do you really think a lot of people want to use a wiimote for sidescrollers? I heard there were problems using it just for Fire Emblem because it only has two face buttons so the trigger button on the bottom is frequently used.

Aren't we done with SNES times already?

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the SNES metroid but I don't think I'd want to pay 60$ for one anymore.

Aren't we done with SNES times already?

Don't get me wrong, I really loved the SNES metroid but I don't think I'd want to pay 60$ for one anymore.

This is why I have a feeling that new sidescrollers will come, but only in the form of downloadables and handhelds.
I still love 2d titles and hope they live peacefully with their 2.5D and 3D brethren. They will all be squashed once Kutaragi delivers on his 4D promise;)

I think Prime (3D) was a good addition to the Metroid franchise but I can't consider Prime as a replacement for the whole original side-scrolling concept of Metroid. I can't imagine a side-scrolling metroid and 3D metroid competing in the same consumer base, they would be so different. So why are you talking about 3D metroid here in the first place? Do you feel there is no space in the game industry for a few grade-A platformers? You say there is enough variety in the Wii game lineup? 3D should be a genre among others, not the only one. Can you honestly say that platformers work better in FPS environment? The FPS genre is like fighting genre used to be right after Street Fighter II and I expect it to die off soon.

Back