Shopping in the USA?

Npl

Veteran
Since ill bless the US with my overblown ego in August, I wonder wheres the best place to shop electronics?
I did some online searches on newegg, but Im surprised that its barely cheaper than in my country... I always thought you`d get stuff for 2/3rds the price we do! Probably has to do with the Euro declining over the last few months.

in & around LA, Las Vegas, San Diego Washington, New York.
I might have a address in New Jersey where I could sent ordered stuff too. Just seen a few things like the Asus Eee Pad Transformer which is a good deal cheaper over there via amazon/newegg, but this starts to feel like im gonna desperately spend money to "save" it, I never considered getting a tablet =)

Isn't ordering online a good deal cheaper in the US than buying in a retail store? If so, you should try to arrange that NJ address (Eastmen helping you out? :)), and hope you'll be staying long enough to pick up your orders...assuming you can fit the stuff in your luggage/weight limit of course.

Oh, and if you bring any electronic devices capable of storing data on them (smart phone, laptop, flash memory sticks, whatever), please consider that your devices might be searched at border control, so make sure there's nothing either illegal or sensitive on them. :p

I've always held the "it's-cheaper-online" view but last week my buddy got a laptop HDD cheaper at Best Buy than newegg (same model #), ok so it was only $5 & by the time you take tax into account it's basically the same, still surprising to me tho.

yeah, will likely end up amazon as i already have an account there. For my own country I primary use a neat price search engine (http://geizhals.at/), where you can pick the parts you want and then let it spit out the cheapest offers(optionally limiting results so that you have max 1,2 or 3 different sources).

If you check around some online stores with cheap prices, allow will calls (pick ups) versus shipping when you order. Newegg doesn't but some other places which often have better prices than Newegg (depending on item type) do. If you found a place like that, you could order it and have them hold it for local pickup. :D

Regards,
SB

Back