Shiki-Tei (Garden Simulator)

Gradthrawn

Veteran
I thought there was a post about this title, but I couldn't find it (feel free to merge). Nonetheless, here's a nice 10 minute video of this interesting little game(?). I don't suspect we'll be seeing this one outside of Japan anytime soon. Shame, too, looks relaxing.

Supports custom soundtracks as well (although differently than what was recently demonstrated w/ FW 2.4). Along with a Photo mode, with export to XMB support. Perhaps a slide-show creation option? Hard to tell.

EDIT

The thought occurred to me that integrating support for flOwer and Home with this would be excellent. Explore your garden on a sublime level with flOwer, and relax in it and/or show it off with Home. Although I suspect Home integration to be the more plausible of the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too simple for my needs. I'd prefer a real garden simulator for me to design my own backyard, and then watch the plants grow virtually. It should also add real-time weather and a simple expert system to guide me on my garden chores.

Finally, my ideal gardening non-game should allow users to contribute localized data so that we can share tips. Sony and the developers can do in-game advertising too.

It's up on PSN Japan now. Someone at GAF posted his first impression: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11934389&postcount=22

I've played it for a bit and so far, its pretty cool. Theres 5 different types of gardens you can choose from at first, and when you've made your choice, you get to move around in it and plant your trees, flowers and various types of outdoor decor such as statues, fountains, pots, pedestals etc. Depending on what you choose to put in your garden, additional items are unlocked. Certain items can also trigger cutscenes enabling various animals to pay a visit.

Overall, theres not really much gameplay involved, apart from designing your garden and unlocking additional items. Theres a cutscene mode that kicks in after a few minutes where the camera does flythroughs in your garden occasionally focusing on items you've placed in the garden as well as animals. You also get to see your garden cycle through day, night, wind, rain and all seasons.

Its a nice relaxing game, great if you want to sit back and play some custom soundtracks with some stunning scenery :)

2 addon packs are scheduled, one on 07/17 and the second on 08/21.
[size=-2]I still like my idea better. All my colleagues have trouble maintaining their backyards :oops:[/size]

I wonder how import friendly this is? For that matter, I wonder if PSN cards are regional or not. For example, can I add value from an NA PSN card to a JP PSN account. I'm still quite interested in this, but I haven't even heard rumblings about a release outside of Japan.

I believe it's for Japan only. I don't think PSN games are region locked since some US and European gamers played the Japanese version of GT5:p when it was first released.

Back