Sharky against reality - (luzer) review from the past?

I just loved his statement that Nvidia has better AA than ATI. I don't know how he managed that when every other site I have seen puts that battle squarely on the side of ATI.

Then again this is the "New Sharky" and has been for a few years. Now it's just Hardware Central with a different style sheet. It would be funny if it weren't so pitiful.

I used to follow Sharky a bit, back when I had a 300A Celeron and they had a guide to overclocking them. I think that was about 4-5 years ago though.

site is passe'

I think Kyle Bennett is headed the way of Sharky's. SE lost its way by losing key members. Hardocp is losing its way by letting KB's ego rule the day. It is happening too slowly, but I think the [H]ouse of Cards is headed for a tumble.

L8r,
Em

Re: site is passe'

Emthon said:
I think Kyle Bennett is headed the way of Sharky's. SE lost its way by losing key members. Hardocp is losing its way by letting KB's ego rule the day. It is happening too slowly, but I think the [H]ouse of Cards is headed for a tumble.

L8r,
Em
lets not bash, eh?

It seems par for the course that any site that has a modicum of success receives a proportionate amount of bashing. Just like how any indie music group that somehow grows beyond a cult following is labeled by many former fans as a sellout.

Not that, knock on wood, every site has to have this happen. I've just not seen any site that grows beyond a certain point that doesn't somehow lose its geek street cred. At least amongst some subgroup of individuals.

"You've changed, man. It used to be about the music--I mean hardware."

BigJoe, Actually he said he was reviewing the Asus V9950 he bought. He didn't do the review and run out to get one.

The problem people have with that SE review is it doesnt mention any of the issues that have arose rescently.

As for nvidia, many people are angry with them currently because of their apparent deceptions that seem to keep building. I dont think anyone really thinks nvidia is a bad company or sells bad products (misrepresented products maybe) most are just fed up with them.

Well, Vince, the SE reviewer has just done a 180 in his opinion on AA:

The Radeon 9800 XT features the enhanced R360 core, but it's still a Radeon 9800-based product and as such, displays excellent image quality. Its anisotropic filtering is the best in the business, and anti-aliasing is also top-notch. In our book, the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra can't match ATI's anisotropic filtering, and also falls back a bit when comparing pure edge anti-aliasing. NVIDIA has by no means "poor" image quality, it's just that ATI has presented such a high standard for comparison.

Someone needs to make his mind up.

...it's just that ATI has presented such a high standard for comparison.

Exactly! Why not get cocky and arrogant and release a crap product to the consumers if you have no competition at the time of planning the video card? :LOL:

Back