shadowrun.

It is a pretty fun little game when you actually play it, I would've bought this for $20 from XBlive...but as a $60 standalone title? you gotta be kidding me.

Strangest comment I've heard about the elves and trolls and dwarves was, "what's up with the aliens? Is there a story?"

I had fun for a bit just like with UT or TacOps, but the lack of an actual single player campaign to tell people the story of Shadowrun beyond reading a manual hurts it. There's no single player ladder or mission briefings. Even Combat Task Force 121 had text screens telling you why you're fighting through each level and that was a $15-20 title on release.

downloaded the demo off of Xbox Live Available now and really think it is a very cool game

graphics are excellent (mostly the surroundings as I do not care for the character art)

the interface, control and depth is exemplary. Played through the tutorial and thought it had some very cool (big learning curve) features. Tried a bot match or two and they behaved reasonably as human players. Going to give it some more time.

68% at Game rankings currently but the people that I know who own it say it really grows over time. :smile:

downloaded the demo off of Xbox Live Available now and really think it is a very cool game

graphics are excellent (mostly the surroundings as I do not care for the character art)

the interface, control and depth is exemplary. Played through the tutorial and thought it had some very cool (big learning curve) features. Tried a bot match or two and they behaved reasonably as human players. Going to give it some more time.

68% at Game rankings currently but the people that I know who own it say it really grows over time. :smile:

I think the main thing that's hurting this game it's its price point. It may be fun and all, but at $60 it's a tough sell. It's kinda lika Warhawk where it would be awesome and GOTY candidate at $20 and a total turd at $60 (get it right Incognito, for the love of god get it right).

IGN AU did not like it much.

Strange how Major League Gaming declared

If you are not already interested enough in Shadowrun to read this entire article without a hook, how about this: Shadowrun is, bar none, the best game for the Xbox 360. In fact, it is the best game I have played on either Xbox system since Halo: CE.

This game combines shooting abilities, strategy, resource management, game knowledge and teamwork to create what I believe is the perfect competitive experience for the Xbox 360.

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/135979&query=node/135979&pagenumber=6

Shadowrun is being embraced by tournament players. People that love fun and challenging online gameplay.

The game is currently ranked the 11th most popular games ladder at gamesbattles.

3,636 players and 997 teams

http://www.gamebattles.com/top_arenas.php

Their dedicated Shadowrun forum.

http://forums.gamebattles.com/f/1268.html

I've got the Vista version here waiting on my copy of Vista, got it for $40 with Halo 2 Vista though the Circut City deal. Played the demo on the 360 and it is good in, but given the 9 maps and no real single player I doubt I could consider it worth full price.

Back