Shadow Warrior 2

well its a doom like game so i want to know if its 60....or let's say 45+ atleast.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
just jesting at the op, but I haven't read anything on the matter. I always mistake this game for Shadow Tactics, dunno why.

Eurogamer did an article on the console/pc comparison
why does console land have the view that if its not 60 it has to be 30

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-shadow-warrior-2-face-off

Assuming you don't want tearing (console users in general don't like tearing) then 30 vsynced is the best option available if you can't hit 60. I wonder if they were CPU limited to such an extent that they couldn't reduce graphical quality a bit more to hit 60 FPS.

I do like that they are giving console users some customizations

Another positive feature worth mentioning is the options menu. The previous game was one of the first console titles to offer full field of view adjustment and Shadow Warrior 2 continues the trend. On top of that, you can toggle various other graphical effects such as chromatic aberration and motion blur - aspects of the rendering pipeline that some users simply prefer to disable. These are great, forward-looking options in a console release and it's very nice to see them here.

YES! FOV adjustments always (the limited FOV of most console games can sometimes give me motion sickness, especially if I'm sitting close to the display as I do at my PC). Turning off motion blur, absolutely essential!

If all titles offered such options on console as well as the ability to hit 60 FPS (unfortunately not the case for this title), it'd actually be tempting to primarily game on console (my GTX 1070 continues to piss me off to no end even though it is significantly better now than it was at launch). Unfortunately lack of gaming titles on console means this is unlikely to happen. So many exclusives or timed exclusives on PC that either don't exist on console or come to console months or years later (Dead Cells is SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD).

Anyway, back on topic. Looks like a good port. It's really unfortunate they couldn't hit 60 FPS, though. Still huge kudos for giving console players some options.

Regards,
SB

Eurogamer did an article on the console/pc comparison
why does console land have the view that if its not 60 it has to be 30

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-shadow-warrior-2-face-off
Because Digital Foundry put out a video showing it.
And becasue evry title seems to lock it for consistency or Vsync's sake.
INfamous SS and KZ SHadow Fall are the only titles that come to mind that let us have unlocked framerate in SP on consoles but didnt hit 60. That 40-45 fps is much better than 30, tbh.

Back