Second keyboard overriding the first

Davros

Legend
So I have windows set up for the U.K and a U.K layout keyboard so for example when I press shift 3 I get £. So far so good.
but when I plug in my second keyboard and press shift 3 (on either keyboard) I get # (I'm guessing because the second keyboard is U.S layout)
How do I stop this?

Have you tried shifting the ports they're plugged in on? Maybe one gets read first?

Does the second keyboard have software that would allow you to change it from US to UK? I think I had one with an option like that.

Sorry for the smart assed first response, couldn't help myself. :p

Does your first keyboard have a USB passthrough you could plug the second through? What boards are these?

EDITED BITS: Have you rechecked the setting for a UK keyboard after plugging in the second one?

Checked settings, no software to change from u.s to u.k
no passthrough
haven't checked ports but have booted with only keyboard 1 everything's fine then plugged in keyboard 2 and then keyboard 1 switches to U.S
keyboard 2
1723180037045.png

Checked settings, no software to change from u.s to u.k
no passthrough
haven't checked ports but have booted with only keyboard 1 everything's fine then plugged in keyboard 2 and then keyboard 1 switches to U.S
keyboard 2
View attachment 11829
Razer Tartarus V2 Chroma? Uses the Synapse 3 software, are you using win 10 or 11?

This would be the first obvious check, I'm hunting up Synapse 3 weirdness next.

EDITED BITS: Could also try editing the Synapse 3 files to force UK on the device itself if that doesn't work, I'm trying to help! :p

I've sort of solved it by pugging it into my 7 port usb hub, each port has an on/off button so I just switch it off when I've finished playing a game

Back