Samsung LCD with PVA - Media PC/Gaming

Scott_Arm

Legend
I was looking at some of the Samsung LCD screens, because they have very high contrast ratios for LCD. I've read that their PVA panels are not very fast, but those were from reviews a few years back, and I figure the response times may have improved since then. I was just curious if anyone happened to use a Samsung LCD for gaming and had any problems?

I'm looking for an LCD to use as both my PC monitor and my TV.

Scott_Arm said:
I was looking at some of the Samsung LCD screens, because they have very high contrast ratios for LCD. I've read that their PVA panels are not very fast, but those were from reviews a few years back, and I figure the response times may have improved since then. I was just curious if anyone happened to use a Samsung LCD for gaming and had any problems?

I'm looking for an LCD to use as both my PC monitor and my TV.

The ones they use for the xbox360 kiosks look rather nice.

Samsung LNR238W

AlphaWolf said:
The ones they use for the xbox360 kiosks look rather nice.

Samsung LNR238W

I was actually looking into that one. It's a good size for my desk and seems to have all of the inputs I would need. Very good contrast ratio for an LCD. I was just worried about response times, but I guess it can't be too bad if it's being used for Xbox360.

Off the top of my head the LNR237W has a 1280x720 resolution and the LNR238W has a resolution of 1366x768.

Actually I'm wrong they both have the same resolution but the 237W is the older model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sovere said:
Actually I'm wrong they both have the same resolution but the 237W is the older model.

I find it annoying that the Samsung website does not have a feature comparison tool for their TVs. I wasn't able to find one, anyway.

Back