S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I only have one question of this game. Do you need to have played stalker one to understand stalker 2
I know plenty of people who played STALKER and don't understand it. Most people never got the true ending anyway. I know I didn't the first 3 or 4 times I beat it.

I only have one question of this game. Do you need to have played stalker one to understand stalker 2

The wikipedia summaries (or game wiki summaries) for the plots of the previous 3 games is all you'd need if they reference them at all deeply (I haven't followed the development of this in detail, so I don't know specifically where they are going).

The game(s) had incredible atmosphere and unique word building (at least for the time with non western perspective/narrative, but we have more of this now as well), not exactly known for a well written interesting plot or characters. I'll be honest I couldn't name a single one or anything very memorable about them off the top of my head. The only character I even really remember is the old quartermaster that you see early on (in all 3? games), but I don't know his name. The other notable thing about the game is the "get out of here stalker" meme you might have heard of, which was just generic dialogue.

If the game is designed at least passably it should introduce you to what you need to know about the world and I'd argue going in without knowing all the details would likely be more fun the first time around (at it's core the first game was an exploration and discovery game as much as anything else). The the first game's plot to some extent also played on this, and from what I remember I felt it was more fun in that way having more unknowns compared to the latter two (which were much more polished and fleshed out, and so better in other ways).

At least for me hopefully it's still a strong exploration focused game (and not knowing the details the first time makes it more fun) as opposed to having say switched to an action oriented FPS game.

Most likely not, but seeing as Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Prypiat are some of the best games the medium has ever produced, you should still play them. :D They're as unique today as they were 15 years ago, since pretty much nobody replicated them. Almost nothing in their gamedesign feels stale or copied or antiquated. In fact, Call of Prypiat's take on open spaces/semi-open world is gamedesign schooling for most of the games today. You read some opinion online of why someone hates open world games - Stalker probably solved that issue 14 years ago. Im not joking in the slightest

You install some easy mods for them, to enhance some of the systems; then the gunplay and firefights have no equal. The atmosphere - unparalleled.

I'm not a PC guy šŸ˜… but I do plan to get a series S in the near future. I just happens to see some footage from the second game and thought it looked cool enough.

It gave me metro vibes. I wonder why that is šŸ¤”

Back