Ryzen 7 2700 or Ryzen 7 3700?

Why is everyone having more than 16 GB of ram ? I have 24GB and I don’t know if I really need it.

Both funny and sad 'cause it's true

I wouldn't buy/upgrade a PC with anything less than 32Gb nowadays, with games and applications taking more RAM, the old 16Gb games standard is now the minimum. I've also found some basic 3D hobby stuff really need 32Gb.

Haha it's the hard truth. Fortunately windows have awesome pagefile capabilities (compared to Android). Even my 4GB ram windows tablet able to be tortured with tons of chrome tabs and windows, while playing games, while Photoshop in background, thanks to huge pagefile on the ssd.

On Android even when I specifically told it to have 8 GB of swap memory, it will still kill apps like mad and only use less than 512MB of swap.

Even when I used 4GB ram on Android, it still kill apps in background. It's impossible to have multiple chrome tabs stays active while playing a game while video playing in a pop-up (or even while Spotify playing in BG). Even more annoying when I juggle between word, notes, pdf reader, chrome. I need all of those says active so I can easily and quickly search / copy / paste.

Opera with only 1 tab (google)
why the hell are there 12 instances running
3GmfxmK.jpg

That or extreme security where every embeddable item runs in it's own isolated sandbox? I dont know enough about Opera's security or runtime design.

Great choice on the 3900x , y
Well, after a lot of thought (and since I can use the cost as business expenses for my small app business) and seeing how PS5 turned out, I decided to go all out! I'm going with a Ryzen 9 3900X and still 32GB RAM and a Seagate M2 SSD. Should be much more future proof than my aging Core i5 4590 anyway. Keeping the GTX1060 as graphics cards are ridiculously expensive right now. Hope RDNA2 helps with that.
great choice, if you want to save some money how about going with a 550 mb, these are coming out soon and much cheaper than the 570.

Back