Ryzen 7 2700 or Ryzen 7 3700?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by Picao84, Mar 11, 2020.

1. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Why is everyone having more than 16 GB of ram ? I have 24GB and I don’t know if I really need it.

2. Rurouni

Veteran

Chrome

Kej, TheAlSpark, Picao84 and 4 others like this.
  3. Davros

Legend

Future proofing
    what are the sacrifices to get it to draw only 65w ?

4. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Both funny and sad 'cause it's true

I wouldn't buy/upgrade a PC with anything less than 32Gb nowadays, with games and applications taking more RAM, the old 16Gb games standard is now the minimum. I've also found some basic 3D hobby stuff really need 32Gb.

5. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Haha it's the hard truth. Fortunately windows have awesome pagefile capabilities (compared to Android). Even my 4GB ram windows tablet able to be tortured with tons of chrome tabs and windows, while playing games, while Photoshop in background, thanks to huge pagefile on the ssd.

On Android even when I specifically told it to have 8 GB of swap memory, it will still kill apps like mad and only use less than 512MB of swap.

Even when I used 4GB ram on Android, it still kill apps in background. It's impossible to have multiple chrome tabs stays active while playing a game while video playing in a pop-up (or even while Spotify playing in BG). Even more annoying when I juggle between word, notes, pdf reader, chrome. I need all of those says active so I can easily and quickly search / copy / paste.

6. Davros

Legend

Opera with only 1 tab (google)
    why the hell are there 12 instances running
    [​IMG]

7. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Probably because opera is an all in one browser with modules that keeps running even when unused?

8. BRiT

BRiT Verified (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

That or extreme security where every embeddable item runs in it's own isolated sandbox? I dont know enough about Opera's security or runtime design.

9. Picao84

Veteran Regular

I've just discovered Steam Link app for my Bravia Android TV. OMG, it works so much better than the Steam Link box! Image is unbelievably clean and frame rate is very high! I only notice the frame pace issues now and then. I'm in awe!

#29 Picao84, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  10. borntosoul

Regular Newcomer

Great choice on the 3900x , y
    great choice, if you want to save some money how about going with a 550 mb, these are coming out soon and much cheaper than the 570.