Roy Sheider 1932-2008.

I just read that. Definitely a solid actor who had the good fortune of being in some great movies. I'll never forget that quiet scene in Jaws when he was sitting there with his son making faces at each other. Hollywood today would edit that scene and replace it with an explosion so fast it wouldn't be funny.

"Jaws" is one of my all time favorite movies and he definitely made that movie along with Robert Shaw. The world lost a brilliant actor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always surprised they didn't cast him in more movies after Jaws. He often had crappy roles in small time movies thereafter.

I was always surprised they didn't cast him in more movies after Jaws. He often had crappy roles in small time movies thereafter.

He had a spat with Universal regarding Jaws 3, the rest is history as they literally threw him on the scrapheap.

I think I just died a little inside.

I used to love him on SeaQuest (yes, there are more than 3 of us out there that loved that show). As far as I'm concerned, he makes any movie worth watching, just like Ironside. I'm so going to miss him.

Back