Roxio eating up hard disk space?

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
I dont know if this is the right place for this one but I ve noticed that everytime I burn a super video disc with roxio my hard disk's free space is reduced. It seems to copy some kind of image file or something somewhere in my computer but I cant find anything.

I tried to look at preferences and options but nothing. There is also no box checked asking Roxio to save anything.

Can someone help? It's killing my free space.:mad:

check temp file for its size as well as the roxio folder and see how large they are. Alot of programs do that, but they're normally suppose to delete them after the operation is done.

I checked both but there is no difference. Its weird
Perhaps there is another folder

Last edited by a moderator:
well thats what i would do. start sifting through program files and see if theres any generic folders taking up far too much space.

You did check the temp folder, the one thats hidden in C:\Documents and Settings\"name"\Local Settings\Temp yes?

At the risk of stating the obvious, your option is to write down how much the folders in C: contain in terms of data, burning a disc with enough stuff so that you'll notice it when it creates a cache on the drive, then locating the general area which the data was cached. Might be easier to skim/search the Roxio forums or google as well to see if anyone had anything similar happen to them and where they found the data/files copies.

You did check the temp folder, the one thats hidden in C:\Documents and Settings\"name"\Local Settings\Temp yes?

At the risk of stating the obvious, your option is to write down how much the folders in C: contain in terms of data, burning a disc with enough stuff so that you'll notice it when it creates a cache on the drive, then locating the general area which the data was cached. Might be easier to skim/search the Roxio forums or google as well to see if anyone had anything similar happen to them and where they found the data/files copies.

Oops. I went to the temp folder located in WINDOWS :oops:

I think its ok now. Thanks :)

Back