Reverend At The Pulpit threads... more?

ginfest said:
One of the aforementioned PM writers perhaps?
Nope. I've PMed Rev a couple of times, but never anything nasty that I can recall. I've also PMed Dave, but not at all since Rev's initial post that seperated him from B3D.

I've been bouncing quite a few PMs between members about it though, I'll freely admit that. :devilish:

Actually starting with thier tolerance of you and a few others of like mind it's no mystery as to why the BS of these forums has risen over the past few years and why someone like Rev would reach the point that he did.
You may have a real valid point there, I'm not sure. Since I've started posting here I've found this forum to be more accessible and not as scary for people to post up and ask questions on, and I'm pretty sure I haven't made the traffic to the site suffer any....although I don't know and could be mistaken.

But I didn't force Rev to say the things he did, nor did I bash or antagonize him on his posts since. He's got a right to speak his mind here just like everyone else and I'm actually curious to find out what he's got to say on this since I'm having fun analyzing him thru his recent posting history. ;)

london-boy said:
I think this is a typical case of withdrawal symptoms.
Actually I think it's a bit typical for an atypical situation, but I'll admit the classic signs are all there but just magnified since it's a biggy-D for Rev. :)

Take Hanners up on his hosting offer. I feel certain that Digi will make sure that everyone here will know any time you update. :LOL:

I doubt very much anyone here hates you. An army of the mightily puzzled, perhaps, but no hate.

geo said:
Take Hanners up on his hosting offer. I feel certain that Digi will make sure that everyone here will know any time you update. :LOL:
For some reason I'm not all that worried about Rev taking up Hanners offer. ;)

Reverend said:
. But having said that I do not want to share developer tidbits too much or too often, I am not sure if they would be just a waste of space and time.
Then don’t bother, just participate like any other forum member.

Zaphod said:
Why all the long-winded drama?
Drama? Long winded?

I am only doing what many regulars here have been doing for ages, posting things on their minds. So happens quiting B3D and deciding my next steps have been on my mind lately.

Many, I am sure, have found it very easy to completely ignore this "drama". Do the same if you're annoyed.

london-boy said:
I think this is a typical case of withdrawal symptoms.
Hehe.

I'd been with the site for like 6 years, including helping Kristof and Dave Barron on site stuff before I even joined the site proper. It had been difficult to quit but it's the right thing for me to do.

Site's still here, I'm still able to post... what withdrawal symptoms?

nelg said:
Reverend said:
. But having said that I do not want to share developer tidbits too much or too often, I am not sure if they would be just a waste of space and time.
Then don’t bother, just participate like any other forum member.
The post I wanted to read. Tells me a lot. Thank you. Blog registered.

Reverend said:
Many, I am sure, have found it very easy to completely ignore this "drama". Do the same if you're annoyed.
Annoyed? Quite the opposite. Did you read the rest of the post? I have over the years enjoyed and/or learned from many things you have written. I ment to imply that I hope you continue to do so if you continue to write. Where and whatever that may be. Or not if you so decide. Posting about wether or what to post seemed a little counter productive. You should do what you want to do. And good luck doing it.

Rev you just need to sort things out. It seems as though you are still wrestling with the decision you made. I don't see anything wrong with you posting RAPT threads as they are usually quite interestiong with or without the insights. But the real question I think your getting at is you are trying to use the forum to see if Dave will let you post it. I think that probably should have been asked in a pm but you always enjoyed stirring up the hornets nest. As i said before I don't see any problem with it and I say have at it if you want to but don't feel like you need to continue it because it is expected.

Damn that reads like a book and it sounds way too preachy. :?

Oh well, I guess what I am trying to say is do what you feel like not what you think you owe poeple or is expected of you.

Back