Reading Mac Forums, These Days, is a Lot of Fun

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
As you probably already know Apple dumps IBM for Intel, for its Macintosh CPUs. This decision was motivated by the lack of innovation and advancement on the IBM front. Anyway..

The outcome of this decision is that we're living one of the best, comical, moment in the intarweb history. Mac users are either running damage control at full effect or are crying.
And in both case some message are pure comedy gold, especially those who a few days ago were mocking those Intel rumors and praise the Intel architecture and how easy it is to port MacPPC apps to the Mactel architecture.

I could provide a fews links but all of thoses would be from french Mac forums, and therefore useless for 98% of the B3D members.

In the other hand, if you stumbled across a Mac Thread/Forum/Article/Whatever (In English person's language) that you thought was a fantastic hypocritical apologistic mess, feel free to post a link. I can't get enough of this stuff. *Laughs maniacally*

maybe next year Apple decides that it is too expansive to make their own OS and go for Longhorn....

THEN i would join couple of such forums so i can piss my pants laughing every morning.... ;)

shit i lost a lot of money because of that... look at the stock price of aapl now. i sure hopes this is a good thing for them and it comes back up.

And I thought Intel wasn't doing anything special in the last year or so. Did they even deliver their roadmap promised several years ago ?

Which Intel CPUs are going to be in these new Intel Inside Mac anyway ?

V3 said:

intel must have something very interesting on the horizon because the IBM PowerPC kicks some major x86 butt right now.

Sage said:
V3 said:

intel must have something very interesting on the horizon because the IBM PowerPC kicks some major x86 butt right now.

I haven't seen Intel recent roadmap, all I know is they will be offerring several dual core chips, heck is there even a 64bit consumer CPU on their roadmap ? Have they plan to integrate the memory controller ?

V3 said:
I haven't seen Intel recent roadmap, all I know is they will be offerring several dual core chips, heck is there even a 64bit consumer CPU on their roadmap ?
They, at least, have the Nehalem which could scale up to 32 cores @3GHz+.
John Carmack must "rejoices" to see that after consoles, now, PCs as well go multicores.

V3 said:
Sage said:
V3 said:

I haven't seen Intel recent roadmap, all I know is they will be offerring several dual core chips, heck is there even a 64bit consumer CPU on their roadmap ? Have they plan to integrate the memory controller ?

they have 64bits consumer CPUs : Pentium 4 6x0 and 5x1. (and 64bits celeron to come)

From what I've read it sounds like it's the mobile processors and their desktop derivatives that's got Apple interested. Yonah, Merom, etc., I think the codenames are. Charlie D over at the Inq posts a lot of stuff about them (and his stuff seems to be reasonably accurate when it comes to Intel processors).

If you believe this story then it was IBM who ditched Apple, not the other way round.

Back