Rare to develope Revolution titles? Guess there's no love for Sony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornman

Banned
Video game web site 1UP.com has recently posted a new preview page for the Rare-developed Xbox 360 launch title Perfect Dark Zero, which also yielded some commentary from one of the game's designers regarding Nintendo's new freestyle controller.

Duncan Botwood, lead multiplayer designer for Perfect Dark Zero, discussed the game's history and features, but also fielded questions about Nintendo's next-generation console, code-named Revolution. When asked if he thought Perfect Dark Zero would function as a Revolution title, Botwood responded that "we could make it work, but there'd be some changes to the gameplay, I expect; the controller looks like it might lend itself towards a light gun style of shooting, which would be a fresh approach."

Botwood expressed interest in experiencing the controller for himself, as well as concern about how comfortable it will be to use, but also seemingly put his concerns to rest. "I'm skeptical," he said, "but that's tempered by my respect for Nintendo and my past experience of working with their controllers."

The full preview of Perfect Dark Zero, which also features incites into the game's history as a GameCube and Xbox project, can be found on 1UP.com's web site here.

I don't think anyone could come up with a worse title if they tried.

MS owns Rare -- Rare won't be developing on anything outside of Xbox360 (and at most there might be Vista ports).

Powderkeg said:
This is a seriously misleading title, or haven't you heard? MS bought Rare.
then why are they developing DS titles?

nintendo is microsoft's best friend right now...

Yes, that is a misleading title.

And your quote doesn't hint at a title for Revolution but the feasibility of having PD0 (or a game similar to it) ported to the Revolution.

The guy is just pondering what adjustments he would make if PD0 was a Revolution title.

Cornman said:

Because Microsoft doesn't make a handheld system.

Not hardly.

The day you see new Rare games side by side with Mario again will be the day Nintendo goes 3rd party.

Cornman said:

The Nintendo DS is in a different league than the consoles, so I'm not surprised if MS would OK development of a DS title as it doesn't affect Xbox sales. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if MS did it just to add more competition towards the PSP.

This thread ought to be locked. There's nothing to discuss. A developer said he was interested in trying out Rev's controller. No news on them developing outside of existing places. And the most loaded thread Title in a long time.

Shifty Geezer said:
This thread ought to be locked. There's nothing to discuss. A developer said he was interested in trying out Rev's controller. No news on them developing outside of existing places. And the most loaded thread Title in a long time.

nahh why don't you just leave the thread and say we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back