Quick Router Question

I've always had this questions.
What happens when we "finish" IP Addresses? I mean, there can only be a finite number of them, and internet connections are getting more and more numerous...
What happens when there's no more?

london-boy said:
Cool!!

...in short? :oops: :D

A new numbering system that gives us billions and billions of numbers.

Luckily (given how long it's taken to implement IPv6 across the world) techniques like dynamic IP addressing and NAT for LANs has managed to keep us going on the old IPv4 addressing.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
london-boy said:
Cool!!

Luckily (given how long it's taken to implement IPv6 across the world) techniques like dynamic IP addressing and NAT for LANs has managed to keep us going on the old IPv4 addressing.

Amazing how NAT seems to create only problems to me. So, how many IP addresses are possible with IPv4?

london-boy said:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
london-boy said:
Cool!!

Amazing how NAT seems to create only problems to me. So, how many IP addresses are possible with IPv4?

4.3 billion, as the first entry on Google told me after typing in "how many addresses with IPv4".

Do you not get Google in your neck of the internet woods? :LOL:

4294967296 to be exact.. :)

where you have to distract all the broadcast and net adresses from it..
still a lot

Those 4.3 billion-ish addresses are very unevenly distributed tho, I heard the US had staked out like 80-90% of them for itself...

again the USA :devilish: those ip's are distributed acording to the land of the willingness percentage

You guys don't have a clue.

IP Addresses are distributed by Satan, that's why most of them are in the US. There is now an inquiry taking place between the Hell Unions, Satan has made many enemies by distributing most of the IP Addresses to his Holy Land.

london-boy said:
You guys don't have a clue.

IP Addresses are distributed by Satan, that's why most of them are in the US. There is now an inquiry taking place between the Hell Unions, Satan has made many enemies by distributing most of the IP Addresses to his Holy Land.

You should rather waste your energy on Tri-pedal robots than IP numbers, I think :devilish:

Back