QBert: Res. Support Test

Gradthrawn

Veteran
Q*Bert PS3: Resolution Support Test

In the original release announcement for QBert on the PS3, only 720p support was mentioned. However, after playing it yesterday on my 1080i only TV, I noticed it was sending a 1080i signal. So, my question is, for those that have a 720p and 1080i capable set, what resolution does QBert play at? The relevance of this? There seems to possibly be a new trend for PS3 games where there is a "preferred," native resolution, listed on the box, and then supported resolutions that the game will switch to only if the "preferred" resolution is not selected in the PS3's display settings. VF5 immediately comes to mind, and apparently Sonic as well. So, I want to determine if this is the case for QBert as well.

In short:

Do you have a set that can accept a 720p and 1080i signal?

Is 720p and 1080i selected as available resolutions in your PS3?

What resolution does QBert play at for you with 720p and 1080i both selected?

Thank you for your assistance.

If this is going to be the trend for future PS3 games, I think its an excellent solution that should please most parties. Show the native resolution on the box, default to that resolution as long as it is selected regardless of other choices, but have support for other resolutions in the case where the "preferred" resolution is not available. I can't see that not working out for any particular group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back