PS3 Genji Review

Ben-Nice

Regular
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/744/744611p1.html

Here's the cliffnotes

8.0 Presentation

Everything from character animation and environments to the menu system benefits from a high degree of polish.

8.5 Graphics

Highly detailed character models and slick animation blends with spectacular locales and overall design.

8.0 Sound

While it sounds very good, the score is somewhat limited. Also, the voicework could use a tad of refinement.

6.0 Gameplay

The awesome presentation can't hide dying gameplay mechanics.

7.0 Lasting Appeal

It's a lengthy game, though gameplay gets repetetive after a while.

Passable OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)... obviously :LOL:

To bad they couldn't get the gameplay to fit the graphics and other parts of the game. Didn't expect much from this title so its no surprise that it got that low score.

Ouch, looks like I'll be passing on this one (especially since they rated it worse than the first one). I do wonder what gamespot will give it though. I'll probably rent it.

But... but... but... it has real time weapon switching:D , sorry couldn't resist...
Wrong game, Genji has real time character switching.

I believe it was Heavenly Sword that made mention of real time weapon switching.

8.0 Presentation

8.5 Graphics

8.0 Sound

6.0 Gameplay

7.0 Lasting Appeal

6.0 OVERALL

how the heck is the scoring system work here?

7.5 should be a calculated score

It's IGN.

I think they rated a game not long ago as 8.5 where they didn't give the game over 8.4 in any of the categories :LOL:

how the heck is the scoring system work here?

7.5 should be a calculated score

The end-score is not an average. They state very clearly in the review that they are weighing the gameplay much heavier here, so that's why.

EDIT: I agree with Lycan below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite surprised the game moved form a horrible game status to a very beautiful one. Other than that, everything is as expected.

Boo! Bias! Anti-Sony conspiracy! Untrustworthy source! Etc.
It's obvious that Genji 2 is one of the best, if not the best game evar. That's a fact.

(satire; may not be true)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious that Genji 2 is one of the best, if not the best game evar. That's a fact.

I don't actually think that's going to happen with this game, to be honest. The general consensus is going to be more like Lycan's response: "what, it has good graphics? Wow, who'd have thought ... "

seriously dude... i'm not complaining about the score it gets... it may very well deserve a 6 or even a 5 . i was just curious why a game who has an overal average score of 7.5 can receive a 6.

i'm not into that kind of thing. For the same reason i cant accept a perfect score since there is no such thing as a perfect game

seriously dude... i'm not complaining about the score it gets... it may very well deserve a 6 or even a 5 . i was just curious why a game who has an overal average score of 7.5 can receive a 6.

i'm not into that kind of thing. For the same reason i cant accept a perfect score since there is no such thing as a perfect game

Well, it says "overall score not an average" :p Plus, I'd say gameplay is probably the most important category.

I'm getting SO bored of numerical scores, and people complaining about the scores... In the end, who really cares? It's a number some fat guy with greasy hair gave to the game. Who cares, his opinion will never match mine. The same guy also wrote lots of things in the review so i'll only read that, fitering out any "i didn't like" or "i loved" because in all honesty, what he loves or hates will never match what i love or hate. I will only read paragraphs describing the game and the mechanics of gameplay. If something is broken, then obviously i take that into account, but comments based on personal preference (even when disguised as "objective) are always ignored.

Guess that's just me.

The sum of all parts can be greater than the parts itself or less. It's quantum mechanics. :p

Wow IGN cracked the quantum physics puzzle!! :devilish: Next thing we'll have an infinite number of reviews for games, all valid in their own right and coexisting at the same time!

Back