PS3 game release list

Tap In

Legend
posted in the Pre-order thread but this belongs in the game section...

PS3GameDates.jpg

from neogaf:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4538807&postcount=1251

NBA 07 and NBA 2k7 for launch :oops:

What's OLC mean?

Seeing that lineup, I don't think the EU is that badly off with our delay. The better titles are mostly Feb and later releases. What exclusives are there early on? R:FoM and Genji? Then it's February before the next titles.

yep the European launch will be loaded with software...

I didn't notice that NBA '07 title at launch and LIVE delayed a month. Of course the reviews have crucified LIVE 07 so maybe they are trying to improve it while trying to not compete with 2k7 which is wiping it in 360 sales.

OLC? I have no idea

yep the European launch will be loaded with software...

You mean there will be precious few games for the OTHER launches, don't you :)

Say what you say about red ring of death, lack of next-gen media, lack of next-gen controller, but Microsoft has evened the ground in terms of software support. This huge list is full of multiplatforms (like Army of Two and Assassin's Creed) and ports (like FEAR, Oblivion and Blazing Angels). I counted what, 13? 14? exclusive titles. What was the proportion of exclusive titles at PS2's launch? How many were warmed over PC and Dreamcast titles?

I don't want to turn this into yet another "but it will have MGS4 and FFXIII which is all I really care about" thread. Just look at the list and admit this time it's different for Sony.

That list has some good titles, now i can only imagine what the line-up will be like here in the UK come March :)

That doesnt fit with the rest of the list though, some of those games should have OLC on them if that was true. Resistance for example.

Agreed but that is what I was told. They seem to be limited to EA and Ubi games so maybe they forwarded the OLC terminology in the product description and EB listed it.

Motorstorm March 2007!?? :(

No Hot shots Golf??
:(

Ebgames isnt always correct, theres a few unnannounced titles in the launch window not on that list. I think it's safer to wait for an official launch list.

Motorstorm is december AFAIK. Theres already an official date in december for japan I think.

Ebgames isnt always correct, theres a few unnannounced titles in the launch window not on that list. I think it's safer to wait for an official launch list.

Motorstorm is december AFAIK. Theres already an official date in december for japan I think.

Excellent! Thanks! I'll hope for the best.
:)

What was the proportion of exclusive titles at PS2's launch? How many were warmed over PC and Dreamcast titles?

You are saying there were more than 13/14 exclusive titles for PS2 at launch? Or wait, you are saying there were more than 7 titles for PS2 at launch? It must be because it's a long time ago, but I don't remember. Of course, we had the delayed European launch (I vaguely remember having to choose between SSX and Tekken Tag, and ending up buying both), but could you refresh my memory and tell me which launch games the PS2 had?

You are saying there were more than 13/14 exclusive titles for PS2 at launch? Or wait, you are saying there were more than 7 titles for PS2 at launch? It must be because it's a long time ago, but I don't remember. Of course, we had the delayed European launch (I vaguely remember having to choose between SSX and Tekken Tag, and ending up buying both), but could you refresh my memory and tell me which launch games the PS2 had?

The ones I can remember I think were:
Smugglers Run
RRV
DOA2
SSX
TTT
Fantavision
Onimusha
Armored Core

How can Sony claim the PS3 will have the best launch list in history if they can't even beat the PS2's launch :?:

Back