PS Vita Save game and Online Pass questions

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Hello guys.

I am having a little issue with my PS Vita. As you know the mem card storage can ran out very fast. I have an 8GB card so some of the games that are installed will have to be deleted at some point to make room for other.

But when I select to delete a game it informs me that all related data including the save data will be deleted. It says the same for both digital downloads and games bought on card.So in that case I am not sure how I can delete a game and preserve my progress.
How do you guys delete a game from the system without vanishing your save data?

In addition I have the following issue. My main PSN account is US on the PS3. This is the one I also have on my Vita because I want all my trophies and friends present on that main account. But I am located in EU. The reason I have a US account is because when I bought my PS3, my country was not supported and the only way to be able to purchase stuff from PSN was to use a common exploit with a specific US address which enabled many like me to use our credit card. The issue with this is that Vita games on our stores are apparently EU localized. So online passes and vouchers included with the games can only be used in a EU store/EU account. There is no way I can use my main PSN account with those because it has no access to the EU store unless I create a EU account and all online passes/vouchers will be used with that. Which means I will have to delete my main account from my Vita

Has anyone found a workaround with this?

I've moved twice, first 8Gb to 16Gb then to 32Gb and both times I've used the Vita desktop software. You connect your Vita to your PC or Mac using the USB cable and backup the whole thing, then insert the new card and restore.

If you use the account for all your purchases you could try getting PS+ on the account as well and use cloud saves.

I think you need PS Plus if you want to be able to backup individual logfiles.

Otherwise, there's nothing but backup the whole game, save files included, to for instance PC.

The only way I know to deal with multiple accounts on VITA, is to use multiple memory cards, as the account is basically tied to the memory card.

The PS Vita only allows 1 account to be in use, if you want to change accounts you will need to reformat the Vita.

Concerning the save files i suggest you get PS+; It is incredible value by free games alone, the automatic uploading of all your save files to the cloud every night is a very nice bonus.

Back